Mounting Amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 29
One of my friends told me once that there are some ways of positioning an amplifier that would be bad for it. Like mounting it on the side of a vehicle would make all the heat go to one end of the amplifier and cause it to overheat.

Is this true or was he just bull sh!ting me and you can mount an amplifier however you want?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1717
you usually want to mount it vertically. just because it gets good air circulation like that. you dont want to mount it on a sub box, because vibration will damage it over time. i dont understand by the side of the vehicle?...

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 30
Well, when I say "the side of the vehicle", I mean like, an amplifier that is verticle, but instead of going up to down (like so: | <~verticle), it goes from left to right (like so: - <~kinda sideways) and mounted on the "side of the vehicle", like how your speakers are on "the side of the vehicle". Sorry if im confusing you, this is the best way I can explain it with out having a picture to show you.

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 170
Most amps are mounted like that. ------ from left to right. There's no way the mounting would make all the heat go to one side of the amplifier.

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 32
Hm...ok, well I guess he was messin with me then...

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 391
well, there is a way because heat rises, but that wont hurt it unless you play it for a rediculous amount of time, but really the only bad things are, not mounting it, and mounting it on the box

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 334
Make sure you dont mount it and have it pressed against your seat or anything. You want to make sure air can circulate on the top of it at least.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us