Mixing subs and freq's

Bronze Member
Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 25
Is it possible to mix larger subs (15" and up) with smaller subs (10" and down) without the frequencies canceling out, and without an insanely accurate xover? I want a deep throaty LOUD sub for background and two smaller ones for faster tracks/different kinds of music. I have 1 18" now but I want to know if it's possible to put in the 2 10"s before I go out and buy them w/another amp.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 903
Adding more subs and power will make a system louder even if they are different in size. but it genereally doesn't sound good. The closest I would get to mixing subs would be some 8 inch midbass drivers with my 15"s. get another 18". That would be louder then two tens anyways. 18" sub has more surface area then 2 tens.

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 28
I have an 06 charger, two 18"s just wont fit in my trunk even in sealed boxes (the one I have now takes up almost all the space, and if I was going to put another 18 in there wouldn't be enough breathing room for the amps. stopping them from overheating in the summer would b a b*tch.) The main question I have is the freq's cancelling out, I just want to know if its possible to have the 10's and 18 in there w/out cancelling using only amp xover's. The amp xovers I have are the best I've heard/used internally on an amp, but I'm sure there are better ones out there somewhere.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 905
get a better 18 then.

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 30
The only alternatives that I can find/would like so far are the MA KORE 18II or Treo's SSI or CSX 18, if you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know. I would need another amp or 2 for the MA KORE, but I could keep the same one I have for the Treo...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us