Wiring 2 Amps

Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 1
Quick question for anyone with amp install know how. I currently have a hifonics 1606BXi (1600wRMS) installed and hooked up to a 18" MA 1800XL with a 3 farad cap behind all that. I want to add another hifonics either the same 1606 or the 2000D and another 2 10" MA's (Max load will be ~2000w so I'll swap the amps if i go for the larger 2000- the 18 can handle 3k). My real question is how to go about powering up the second amp, i know i need a distribution block from 4to4awg but where on my line do I place it? Should it be put in after the cap and before the first amp? or should I stick it in before the cap and attach another ANL holder for the second amp. Both amps have RCA ins/outs so I dont need to worry about wiring it to the head, I just need to get the damn thing powered up...Also as a second question where the hell can I get an amazing High output alternator cuz im strobbin around town @ night... :-(

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1700
www.bcae1.comm - has some good multi-amp installation instructions i think.

i really dont know why you have 3 caps. they dont do anything an they kill ur alt to sh!t. they are basically the biggest waste of money in car audio.

HO alt can be found @ www.excessiveamperage.com - you can contact Nate there but he also has a ton of group buys where you get really good prices in the accessories section of this car audio forum. you can start a new thread there and he hangs out there and could get you a good price on one. just start a new thread an he may answer you. his name is nate, or you can just call them or e-mail him at Nate@excessiveamperage.com (i think thats it) you can check in the accessories section

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 23
no its a 3FARAD cap, just 1 cap

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 172
Well, you want the cap on the main power wire coming to the trunk. It should be before ANY distribution blocks.

You might want to upgrade to 0 gauge to the trunk.

Then split that wire with a dist. block into two 4 or 2 gauge wires that go to each amp.

Then, take both ground wires to another dist. block and then a final 0 gauge wire to the frame of your car.

Main Point: Cap should be on the wire before ANY dist. blocks.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 393
caps dont work unless you have an ho alternator dont make my mistake

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 32
What brand of HOA do u rec? and where could I buy a new one online?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1733
WOW, I JUST TOLD YOU

"HO alt can be found @ www.excessiveamperage.com - you can contact Nate there but he also has a ton of group buys where you get really good prices in the accessories section of this car audio forum. you can start a new thread there and he hangs out there and could get you a good price on one. just start a new thread an he may answer you. his name is nate, or you can just call them or e-mail him at Nate@excessiveamperage.com (i think thats it) you can check in the accessories section"

^^^ this is where everyone buys them from. he makes them specially for you. e-mail him and he will tell you how big of one to get. his name is nate. This is the only place i would ever go to get a HO alt

Bronze Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 33
i just want more than one opinion/option. Thank you for the info tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us