Having Some Troubles With My Amplifier

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 16
Today when I was driving, my amplifier just turned itself off. At first i thought I might have blown a fuse but none were blown and the amplifier wasn't hot. It was still pretty cool. I turned my SUV off and then restarted it and the amplifier came back on and worked fine for about 10 more min before it turned off again. I checked all the fuses, temp., and wiring and everything is still ok, nothing is broken or overheated. Does anyone know why my amplifier is doing this? Oh, and my amplifier is a MTX Audio Thunder 4122 if that helps any.

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 19
Does no one know what's wrong with my amplifier?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 120
sounds like it may be clipping, does it do it when you turn the volume up high?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1699
also, does the red protection light come on (on the amp) when it turns off on you??

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 24
Im not sure what happens when I turn the volume up more, I always keep my head unit at one volume all the time but, next time I go out I'll see what happens. And no, I don't remember seeing the red light come on but, like I said, next time I go out to get something i'll look for the red light. Off the top of your heads, what do you think the problem is? Will I need to get another amplifier? Bassman3, we already talked about amps for my TS-W301R's but when I get that Audiobahn, I was going to use this amp to power my 6x9's. It would suck if i'll have to buy another amp and get rid of this one :-(

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 25
Ok, well now my amplifier won't even turn on. I checked all the wires (except for the one connecting into the head unit because that's a pain to get to) and everything is still in hooked up, nothing is loose all the fuses are still in tact. Is it possible that it is blown? But it's weird that if it was blown it would have stayed off the first time it turned off. Ugh! So confused!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 92
Sounds like my problemI had, I have a Audiobahn A8000V and when it is on it lights up all my truck because of all the blue lights on the amp. ONE TIME I was driving and it turned off, looked at it, it was going on and off, on and off, it turned out to be a lose REM behind the headunit.

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 26
Ya, that's what I thought was wrong with mine when I noticed that no fuses were blown, the REM, but it's still tightly in it's place. All the wires are. The placement of the REM wouldn't make this happen would it?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 640
Get out the meter and check for power at key areas.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1718
did u look on the back of the HU to make sure that ur rem is hooked to remote antenna

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 31
I actually have my REM hooked up to my ign fuse so when I start my SUV, the amp will start also. I originally wanted to put the REM in the head unit but, I don't know how :/

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 33
bump...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us