God damn it!

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1082
My Ti has a big tear in the surround! It is like 2 and 1/2 inches long. This is so fucking gay! I suppose it will cost me like 100 bucks to get a new surround put on it too. Go figure...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1023
did u buy it used?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1083
yeah, I guess thats what I get for getting a really good deal on it...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4144
why don't you just try fixing it. is the tear really wide?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3332
get it reconed for like 50-80$ from the company. ship it off..

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1084
It's not wide, but it's long. What kind of product do I need to fix it?

Yeah, I know B, but I really don't want to pay that much to get it reconed. That's alot.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2674
wouldnt like a small piece of scotch tape fix it..cause the surround if u think about it isnt part of the moving mass so it wouldnt change any part of the t/s paremeters. also scotch tape is clear so ppl wont notice it

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1085
I am afraid that it is going to keep ripping more. I don't think that scotch tape will stop it from ripping more.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 929
put the two pieces together and put super glue on it? wouldn't that fix it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2678
the scotch tape will stop it from ripping..just make it a quarter to a half inch longer on each side...it will make it quit

Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 6
A good non-corrosive silicone sealant may work, but I would e-mail the manufacturer to see what they use to repair that kind of damage. That way you dont have to ship the big a** sub out and pay for a repair job you could have done yourself for maybe $10 spent at a hardware store.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2680
^^^^^thats the best idea suggested so far

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 1087
I guess the tape wouldn't hurt to try. I got a hold of the seller and he said there was no rip when he sent it. Also the box it is in leaks air, he claims it didn't do that either when he was using it. When the package arrived from UPS it was in kind of rough condition. We are both thinking now that UPS may have damaged the package in some way. I filed a claim online with UPS and hopefully they will give me the $300 it was insured for. Unfortuantely, I don't have the bubble wrap the sub and box were orginally wrapped in so they probably won't take my word for it. I'll have to see, I hate UPS though. This is like the 3rd package I have recieved damged from them. Plus I have sent stuff out with them a couple time that the buyer complained about the box being crunched. They suck, Fedex is the way to go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us