Whining in my Mids\Highs HELP!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 172
I tryed connecting my mids\highs to my output for them on my HU, i had it running on my sub line with crossover thru before until i got the new rcas, but i am still getting a whine in my mids\highs whenever i hit the gas it gets louder and it only does it when the car is running. I bought rca line filters and it still didnt help, but when the line filter was by my bat. cap it was giving off a even louder disturbance, could i maybe have my amp for the mids\highs to close to the power cap.? what else could be possible reasons.... rca wires dont run along with power wire either, i divided them, RCA's go down left side of suv and power on right side.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 971
its alternator whine. try a good grouding spot. Try moving the RCAs again away from any huge electrical bundles.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 179
should i also get a set of rcas with the extra ground wire running with them? The one i have is stricly only rca.. no little ground. Would my amp being a foot away from my cap also do this... i have plenty of good power grounds. And it is grounded good to the alternator, i just put my 200A back in today after gettin it reepiared

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 973
no it won't matter if the RCA has a ground or not...is it a good quality RCA?

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 180
Just some rca's from bestbuy...nothing special

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 197
Any ideas???? I have a line softner also, i moved my amp to the opposite side of the trunk so it is not by any power source, and it still does it. It is completely quite when the truck is not started but once i start it it starts, how do i get rid of it, its so annoying. I checked my power cables they are all tight connections.

Bronze Member
Username: Lordvicadin

Post Number: 29
ok here is whatya do( you have a ground loop problem) take a peice of speaker wire ( any guage) and touch it to ground and then the the outside connector of any rca wire. if it goes away then u found yer prob. the hood i.e reads. (ghetto) way and quick way to get ride if it is to connect the small peice if wire to ground , any ground, and snip the ends iof the wire to just a little bit and lift an rca plug out the socket and stick the small peice of wire under it and slid it back down. careful not to break the plug or connector and tada! yer done.. dont look to greatbut jhey problem solved. or you could disconect yer antenna wire and see if that is the problem( radiated noise)

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 229
well, i went ahead and tryed that and it got even louder, louder then it is without my rca line filter (30A ground loop isolater) and it still wont go away, i been hearing it has somthing to do with my power from everyone, what else can i check? It is only when the car is on that it does it. Im going to disconnect my belt from the alternator and gived it a spin while the car is off and see if i still get the whining... could it be a loose ground for somthing that isnt even system related that is causing this feedback through the power? or is my amp amp a POS for doing this job....

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=42&k3=155&pr=2015

i thought it would b decant enough to push my 5-way pioneer 6x9's 420watts a pair... 125rms or so..

Username: Tcox_16

Post Number: 9
Ok i have a few questions...need help so please answer....ok...if i buy a line out converter...can i just hook it up near the rear speakers...like splice into them...or should i go behind the Head unit and splice them into the speaker wires...and one more question....does anyone know where to get a wiring diagram with color codes for a 2003 Doddge Durango SLT...or if ya dont' wanna do that then...where should i wire the remote turn on wire...and i need steps to do that for...and since i have a stock radio... i need to know the best place to hook the remote wire into too..thanx..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us