MB Quart QSC-216

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 106
I'm this close to saying 'screw it' and just buying these speakers (for $300).

Before I do, I thought I'd post and ask whether anyone had any really really bad experiences with them. I saw a CA&E review on the net for them that seemed to say good things, so that was a good start.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 107
I can also get the QSD-216's for $370, I'm thinking that's the way to go.

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 113
Bump... nobody with experience with these two sets? Is it worth the extra $90 for the QSD's (I can get the QSC's for $280)?

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 117
Last bump...nobody has any input? If not, I think I'll just bite the bullet and get whichever, if the price is right.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2446
the QSD's are nice, i haven't heard the QSC's, but they are suppose to be the same, but cheaper...kinda odd.

if you could hear the two side by side, that would be nice.

Silver Member

Australia

Post Number: 119
Thanks for your reply Brandon :-) It would be nice, but unfortunately I can't even hear either set before buying, let alone hear them side by side. The most high-end set of speakers the car audio shops near me sell would be MTX, so that limits me a bit.

I'm running stock speakers off my p8650mp HU at the moment, so I figure pretty much anything would be better than that, and I'm willing to buy whatever I can find.

I figure I can't really go wrong between the high end MB Quart/Polk/Rainbow/Focal/Morel speakers, so when I find somewhere that's willing to ship to me (for the right price), I'll buy em, and at the moment it's looking like the MB Quarts. I'm waiting on shipping quotes at the moment, I'm guessing somewhere around $90 US :-(

I'll let you know how I go.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 266
Check out OZ Audio components, I have never listened to them, however, I am pretty sure that's the next component set I am gonna get.
Regarding the QSD's, I used to have a set, but I never even powered up their tweets, because I was using Morel tweets instead, so I really don't know how good they sound as they come. Well with Morel tweets it sounded good, but I really wasn't too impressed. By the way the HU was CDA7995 and the amp was C2K6.0, so no prob there. I used to have the older MBQ Reference set RSD213 and it sounded fantastic for the amount of money I paid for it - $110, however, QSD is a bit of waste of money in my opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us