DD 9515

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 237
Can anyone help me projecting a box for a Digital Designs 9515 for spl competition?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1107
7 cb ft and tune it around 42-48 hz wat i suggest go find a laptop with a regular mic then download rta software for free then run test tones and find the loudest tone and tune your box to that tone or freq and thats it bro

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 238
Thanks, but 7 cuft. it's so big, i dont even know if it can fit in the trunk, plus i got 2 orion 2500d to run the sub, where do i place them? I guess i got to place 'em on the roof. anyway just a regular mic or do i need an spl one for low frequencies?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1694
i would get a spl mic. just puts the orions in the front or somthin. under back seat?

Bronze Member
Username: Bassgalore

Post Number: 71
Maybe sacrifice on bot height and depth just a bit. Build a small platform the same height as your amp and cut out some dimensions for a plexiglass covering and insert you amp into the platform. Protection and customization in one, very easy to do by the way. My old truck had two jbl 1200.1's under a false floor with the plexi glass surrounded by neons.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 239
Cant fit em under back seat, but the small platform is a good idea. Just gotta figure out how many cuft is my trunk but i think it'll be around 300 liters...so i guess my enclosure could be only 200, got 2 be under the line of the front window for db drag.

Bronze Member
Username: Bassgalore

Post Number: 72
It just give a little something extra so people dont think you just threw everything in there. It took me about 2 hours to fab mine and it looked flawless. Plus you can always paint it or add any scheme you want now or later. I think cutting back a third of your space is a bit extreme. Play with some cardboard boxes to match everything just right. You can get a "perfect" fit that way without lost space.If you want to make up for space on the sides of your amp...if there is any between it and the trunk walls, You can custom fab a housing for your caps. Let me know if I can help any more.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1108
its better a spl mic but with that software u can calibrate using regular mic then u will go inside ur car close your doors run a few test tones the loudest testones will be around 40-50 hz that will be ur peak resonance freq of your car and u will chose the loudest and tune your box to that tone and u will be enterin competition and kilin everyone

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3799
go to the DD forum.
PLENTY of guys who can give you the exact advice you need.

forum.soundpressure.com

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3800
http://forum.soundpressure.com/ :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us