3 subs to a 4 channel amp

Silver Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 116
I have a 700 watt 4 channel amp. I was thinking of bridging 2 subs to get a 2 ohm load on the amp on LPF. Then i was going to wire the other sub on the other 2 channels and set it to the regular setting..not HPF. Would i get any bass out of the sub at all? And i know I would hurt the sub by letting higher frequencies pass through it but i really dont care if it pumps bass out. I don't want to buy another amp and ive got 3 subs but can't wire them at 1.3 ohm load to a 2 ohm stable amp. Any help would be appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2369
you can not bridge almost any 4 channel to a 2ohm load, and you would get bass out of the sub onb the other channel along with words your best bet is if they are single 4 ohm speakers, use 2 only and bridge the 4 channel and use low pass on the channels...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1668
buying a new amp is better than screwing up a sub and having to buy a new one..

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
it says 2 ohm stable on the amp on the top. 2 channels have Low pass filter on them. but since since its a 4 channel amp...only 350 are goin to my subs wired to the LPF channels. It kinda sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2371
yeah 2ohm using stereo mode(all 4 channels seperate)

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
hahaahah true...ive bridged it for the past year. Would she get hot quick if I threw a 1.3 ohm load onto her? hahahaha. Is there a way you can run one sub series and two parallel...or any combination like that. because parellel you add 1/4 ohm + 1/4ohm and series you just add 4ohm...i learned that in physics but I dont think theres a way to get it down to 2 ohm...im lost with all this ohm loads and channels and blah..lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us