Pioneer vs Alpine Comparison

Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 4
Just something random that ive been thinking about for awhile, but does anyone know which subwoofer is better? The Pioneer TS-W3004SPL or the Alpine SWX-1242D. The Pioneer is cheaper, but the Alpine looks like it's better quality. Also I heard somewhere that it takes more power to get the pioneer going even though both RMS's are 1000 Watts. Is that true?

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 18
I don't know about the Alpine, but I have the Pioneer TS-W3002SPL's and with all the amp settings turned down, they are extremely loud but they barely move.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 779
alpine is better because of the SQ, pioneer will get pretty loud and i like how they pound, but damn alpine is better because of their nice SQ

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 168
I have those subs and plan on getting two more. I like them a lot and for the price, they are a good deal.

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 169
I was talking about the Pioneers, sorry.

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 21
Ok, so on ebay I can get two of the Pioneers for the price of one of the Alpines. Would it be worth getting the two Pioneers or do you think that the Alpine is still better?

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 22
Oh, and also, what type of enclosures would be best for these subwoofers?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 727
I have 2 12" TS-W3002SPL subs in a box that is around 4 cu ft ported around 41-45hz with just over 1000rms each and they get very loud.

Best enclosure for these subs would be ported as they are made to get loud, not musical.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us