Need some help modifying my current sub setup

Username: Gunnx

Post Number: 1
Ok so here's the deal. I had my system installed at circuit city and now ive decided to alter it, but i dont want to go back to them because i wanna buy the stuff on ebay and other cheap sites and install it myself. both for the deal of it, and learning to do this stuff myself.

Currently, i have 1 10" alpine type e sub being powered by an infinity reference 7520a (75Wx2 2 channel) amp.

The plan is to add another identical alpine type e sub, and put them both into a hatch storage well custom fit box (for a 2000 camaro).

So what i need to know is...what kind of amp should i look into to power both subs. what wiring would i need to change to switch to a new sub. what all will be involved in switching the old sub out of its current box and putting both subs into the new box. and anything else you might think i need to know before getting started.

This will be my first project that involves more than taking out factory stuff and puting in aftermarket stuff. any help at all whether its info posted on here or links to helpful sites would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 760
get 2 kicker CVR dual 4 ohm and get one crossfire 1000d, you'll be fine. Try to save money, at least 400 or 300$

Username: Gunnx

Post Number: 2
i already have the 2 subs though hehe i know they may not be the most popular but i really like my alpine type e, 2 should just be double my pleasure lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us