Just noticed

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 181
I think I am gonna have to get a different amp...I just noticed a couple of things about the one I have (its a Visonik 350 watt amp, dont remember model#) .
1>The LOW PASS FILTER only goes as low as 50hz

2> and this probably has to do with the LPF not going lower, but when I play music that doesn't contain a lot of bass, some of the sound comes out of my subs.
SO ....
does anyone have or know of a good, low priced amp to replace mine.
Oh and since it will probably help, the subs are Alphasonik Q-Reference series 10's SVC.
I'll post the wattage for the subs a little later
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 435
do you have rear speakers hooked up?

also, your LPF only going down to 50 is not the problem. a lot of people set theres to 65-80.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
No, I unhooked the rear speakers when I hooked up the amp...and I see people on here a good bit talking about lowering the LPF to 30hz or 38hz, because thats what their subs and box are tuned for. Thats why I thought maybe I should get a different amp

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 437
no. the LPF is not for matching to your box most of the time. if your box is ported, the subsonic filter should be matched to your box tuning.

are you saying that your subs play some treble, like a normal 6 x 9 speaker would???

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
If a song is playing and there is little or no bass in it, I can pop my trunk, and hear some of the music coming through the subs. Not real loud or anything. But enough for me to hear it. Now if the song has lots of bass, I guess the bass overrides everything, because I don't notice it then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
OH, and my amp doesn't have a subsonic filter.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 439
i know your exact problem. just hook your rear speakers back up. after you hook them back up, there wont be treble at all that comes through your subs. then change the LPF to around 70 or so.

a lot of the time, unhooking your rear speakers, will send treble, or mids, from the music, to your subs, which is really bad.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 440
is your box ported?.....even if your box is ported it will be okay without the SS filter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
NO,box is not ported, is just plain old store bought box. and I don't want to hook up my back speakers. If I do that, it seems that my rear speakers interfere with my subs and cancel them out somewhat. In other words, my subs dont hit as hard with the back speakers hooked up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
>BUMP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us