AUTOTEK vs. Rockford

Bronze Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 23
I am ordering a pair of CVX subwoofers and all my town carries is Kicker and Rockford. How do the AUTOTEK mean machine amps compare to these brands?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 631
jump in on the group buy. much better amps.

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 24
thats why i was asking cuz those are great prices but they dont have a warranty and i dont have money for new stuff if it breaks so is it worth not having a warranty to buy one

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 632
contact B he can advise you But they are nice amps.

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 25
alright thanks

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 758
they're nice, kicker is nice too, but if you can get warranty from kicker or rockford that's one step up

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 299
You need to buy the Autotek. 1) I want to get mine soon. 2) They are good amps at a GREAT price in the group buy!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 950
I am still not sold on these as the only Autotek ones that seemed impressive were the 2000 and 4000D and the older 3000D. They used some nice parts but the lower ones seemed much like the Brutus from Hifonics. And B do you work at a shop in Kannapolis? I think I know which one if you're selling Autotek is it by the Walmart and Blockbuster in Concord/Ktown?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 951
ANd high end Kicker amps...quite nice and much better EQ features than the Autotek. BUt i'll take a couple of the RF Power T40001bd probably. Quite a nice amp clean power and very clean looking.

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 26
i think i'm gonna go with the rockford i can get a T2000 brand new from cardomain for $400 and it has the full factory warranty

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7845
where...i dont see that....

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 27
the price match thing go to etonics.com and type in the info and in a day or 2 they send an email saying its confirmed and they give you a coupon code for when you order it

Bronze Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 28
this is the site http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=roct20001bd&store=&catid=8059

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 509
How does it have the full factory warranty from an online store? RF doesn't authorize online sales.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3269
Alteraudio, I do not work at any shop... I was not even aware its a shope near that Walmart.. I must go check it out...

the MM 4000d is so underated, it was tested against a GOLIATH.. and they both performed the same! thats like 5000rms..

I like Kicker, and its features, but bang for the buck.. MM will hang.

Long time ago, last year...

I also heard 2 tsx 12 in my car, NO HO alternator, 1 Memphis 1000D

VS

2 tsx 12 in installers car 1 MM 1000d... NO HO alternator in his car either...

only differnce I had 1 batt and he had 2 batts..
but hands down he was louder than me!

ohh same boxes...

Autotek in general dont get the attention they deserve.. But for them being this old, im surprised people hadnt heard of them...

old school competitions was dominated by AUTOTEK...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 956
yeah but that was when Autotek was made by Zed Audio. Their high rated amps like the 2000 and 4000 are very nicely made as it keeps IIRC similar stuff as the XX Goliath and all. But most people remember and know Autotek for their mid and entry level products which are only so so and on par with the regular Hifonics stuff. I would go either way on it and all would come down price. As for the shop, they have a huge autotek banner on the side of their building...its at the corner on Mt. Olivet where the do it yourself car wash is, right across from it. Which shop do you work at? The one in Charlotte, Car Audio Warehouse or whatever.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3279
I must check it out, Mt Olivet is like walkin distance from where I live.. and I have washed my car @ the carwash there, several times..

I think since the Maxxsonics buy out, they are puttin more money into the lines.. The new MBquarts looks promissing, they have a new line that will be out later this year.. Hifonics has stepped up, I think all their amps do rated power now; same as the Autoteks.. The Crunch stuff, I have no idea about..

I know the owner of Car Stereo Warehouse, Im there at least once a week. Not affiliated with them, but I do plan on hosting some dbDrag or SPL contest out there soon in the big parking lot...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 960
Hmmmm....i can't say if Maxsonics has picked their lines up...i don't see many of their team using the Brutus stuff and more entry and mid level, they all use the XX stuff which has been known to be good. only thing I have against their products is their attentuation was not as good as others. I tried using their Zeus 5 ch and the Diamond D5 37.5rms amp was better when the Hifonics using putting around 50rms. And they aren't nearly as warm sounding as an Arpa made amp. I've seen the owner of CSW come in Freeman's every once in a while to scope us out but thats it. And the MB's well I never liked them since like 2001.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3280
yea, thing with Maxxsonics is they have TOO many people on their team.. Infact prob got the biggest team.. so who knows what they/we all are running..
I agree the Goliath is top of their choices.. :-)

Hands on experience with the MM4000d, and its a FOOL... measure 114v AC on burp of 150db, on 2 yellowtops, 240a HO. they dish out prettty quick, infact droped the yellows to 10vs.... for a good 1min...

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 761
i like autotek, is nice but if you can get good stuff for a good price, go for it. If could get one cheap rockford, i'll go for it, without taking care about autotek if they're both good. That's something personal

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 172
I wish I wouldn't have gotten my KX2500.1 now. I got it for 600 but it looks like this is a better deal.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 200
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16720
that amp is bigger then the goliath magine havin that thing it be like hige! youd need at least 5 batteries to get it running...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us