Need help hooking up my equalizer

Username: Og_4reall

Post Number: 2
i have an pioneer cd player and it has two outputs in the back.and i dont know if the equalizer should be hooked up to those or what so i need to know what to do befor i mess up.

Username: Maimou

Post Number: 2
What are the components that you have?? what type of car do you have? An EQ normally goes between a preamp output and the power amp input, unless if it is an equalizer/booster (this type of device drives speakers by itself)

Username: C_hawk

Post Number: 1
i need help hooking up an audiovox eq to a pioneer head unit i have no idea of what to do!

Post Number: 6
In an ideal world you would have the head unit, a component eq, and a power amp. Or, if your audiovox is an eq/booster, you do not need the power amp. What are all the components that you are planning to use, and their model numbers. I may be able to look them up and figure more out

Bronze Member
Username: Lordvicadin

Post Number: 27
out of the rcs on th eback of the radio and into the pre amp. out of the pre amp and into the x-over or amp .. if it has speaker OUTPUTS on the back of the pre amp its not a pre ampits an powered eq. if so out of the eq speaker wires then into the speakers..

Username: Og_4reall

Post Number: 3
i have an F-150.and do u hook the equalizer up to the cd player or...?i know how to get it to power on.it has wires that says -left rear-right rear-left front-right front-.but do it supposeto hook up to the back of the cd player?

Post Number: 7
Are you talking about a Ford F-150 extended cab??
connect the head unit pre out to the line or pre in of the equalizer booster you have. Connect the speaker cables to the speakers. make sure you observe polarity for all the speaker connections (if you do not the only thing that will happen is your bass will not sound right). for EQ boosters DO NOT use the car chassis as ground. Run two-conductor wires for each speaker directly from the EQ/booster
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us