Amp Gain

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 383
Im guessing pushing anything to its max is a bad idea, specially when you have lanzar or a low end brand but do you think an amp gain of about 85-95% is good or too high?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 612
For Lanzar...Yea. Probably distorted as heck. To adjust the gain, Match it to the pre out volts. I turn the gain down, turn up the HU till it starts to distort, turn down a notch, then turn up gain till it distorts or clips, turn it down a hair and you done. Just do not exceed the set points of the volume level you set. If you set it for like 60/100 then anything past 60 is gonna sound like poo poo. If you want it louder then that, buy a new amp.

Username: Chauncey_brown_jr

Post Number: 5
i turn my gain all the way up no matter what im pushin dog i blow subs left and right but i dont give a d@mn cuz my parents pay for all my stuff and they buy me new ones whenever i need them

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 888
I'd say that's way high.
Amp sensitivities vary, but generally they run from about 1/2v to 4v or so. Unless your HU has unsually low voltage pre-amp outputs it should be somewhere near 50%, or less if you have high voltage pre-outs.

The idea is to have the amp producing the most power with your HU volume at or near its max (max w/o clipping).

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 384
i can turn up my volume all the way my speakers start sounding shitty but the subs still going strong.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 751
change your speakers jeje

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 388
adding tweaters help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums