Left side of car

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 256
I have a friend that says "my speakers work fine until I turn on the CD function. When I do that my speakers on the left side go out. As soon as I switch to the raido or tape player, they come back." I am having him over tomorrow so I can look at it but what would be something to look at. I sounds like something in the head unit but I have no idea whats up. Anyone have/had this problem or know what could be up?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3154
Possibly a problem with the remote wire...make sure he's using the blue w/white stripe wire coming from the head unit and not the solid blue one. Other than that, he might be looking at a bad DAC in the head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 310
Also, if he is using a preset equalizer and he changed the balance, that might only affect the speakers when hes using a cd and go to default when the radio is just playing.

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 266
Well he has NOTHING aftermarket so would he be using the remote still? What is the DAC? Thanks for the help so far and any more will be appreciated...

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 271
bump

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 418
on my HU when i can have differnt settings for CD abd tuner, like if i set it so it just back speakers on cd i can make it so it just front on radio, then it will stay that way until i change it. maybe his settings are set that way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us