Street Legal Subz?

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 40
I have two 15" L5's. People are saying if i get pulled over and they open my trunk, i'd be out of luck (and subs). True?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7770
not with L5's they will lauge at u..

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 830
what idiots are you talking to? the only thing they'll do is give you a loud noise complaint fine if you get pulled over.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 866
and they couldn't open yoru trunk unless you aloud them too unless you got pulled over for playing your subs

Bronze Member
Username: Diamondman

Post Number: 22
your fcuken retarded

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 871
hey if you read his post it says "People are saying" he's just retarded for not thinkin, but no, they wont take them away... L5's suck... and no cop would want them

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1879
the police can take your subs but only if you get pulled over a lot for noise complaints, i know a kid who had to get rid of his audioburns cause he had like 5 or 6 noise complaints tickets, but with L5's i don't think you have to worry to much.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 831
guess it depends on where you live cause the cops can't take your property like that, they can give you all the tickets they want and fine you, but the only way they can take them is if you have to go to court for the tickets and the judge orders you to have them removed and you don't do it.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 876
^^^ yup, thats the actual law. most people just agree with the cops because they don't want a confrentation or somethin like that. no cop would EVER take my subs... EVER! .... knock on wood LOL!

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 41
Wut It Do?

Thanks Anthony and Shaine from no where. Just so u know I came from nothin. I been poor all my life, two 5'z equal a big step from some lanzar'z.

Those who choose to see that I wanted to make sure i dont ruin or loose my 5'z b4 i even open them, and gave me "constructive" critism, not just saying "your retarted" like that makes sense when you live miles away and you know if you were in the city of buffalo on My block Amherst and Hill St, your lips wouldnt even remotely look like you where about to say somethin like "retarted?". I love to beef but not over the internet, so lets try to be professional adults who love everything about car audio because all jokes aside i love guns too... I got a Ruger 9mm, 180+ rounds in one clip and she stay in da trunk. I got a S&W 357 snub nose, 5 but 1 shot'll leave you with one leg, she only come out at nite so you dont see da buldge. and last i got a lil Chrome 22. You know wut she do, stay in my jacket but mash out when itz time to get it in. So keep it real, just stick to audio, dont be artificial.

Username: Deserteagle50cal

Post Number: 2
LOL. Funny

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 102
I have a Criminology degree. They can't take your subs from u. Unless it is court ordered that they are removed. But, if you have conceled firearms in the trunk.... they can take your whole car, subs included.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1180
pike i got a question.....
sorry for gettin off topic but do cops have to tell you your rights when they put u in the car and take you to the station.

or do they only tell you your right when they say "your under arrest"

lets say you gotta go to court. the cops took you to jail, but they didnt say anything at all about your rights when they put you in the car....is that their mistake or do they only have to tell you your rights when they say "your under arrest"

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 857
they have to tell you your rights before they question you basically.

if you don't get charged with a crime, they don't have to tell you your rights, unless of course they start asking you questions or have you stay longer than 24hrs. and if they ask you questions bout a crime they say your being charged with and don't read you your rights, you can basically tell them you did it and every detail about it and they can't use it against you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
so heres the deal....

if you "get charged" with underage drinking, and they question you and demand answers, and then take you to jail, but dont say "your under arrest" but you still go to jail, and yu still get charged, but they didnt tell you your rights at all, arent they at fault, and you are off teh hook?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 432
yeah, that wouldnt be the best idea......

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 433
lol. i was flashin gang signs, messin around in a friends car, and we got pulled over for it. the cop said that if we did it again, we were going to get are license taken away. lol

what law is this, and could i actualy get my license taken? lol

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 182
I'm not a lawyer or anything, but if they take you to jail, and charge you with a crime, I don't think it matters if they say "you are under arrest" or not...they still have to read you your rights...if not, I would think that yes, you would be off the hook.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
so here are the facts now

i drove to my friends house. there were three girls in the car with me. i dropped two off at the top of the road bc they wanted to smoke a cig. i gues i had my system on pretty loud, and the neighbors complained of noise. i pulled in my friends dirveway, and waited in the car for her. 5 minutes later the two girls i dropped off at the top of the street came up to the hosue in a police car. the cop came to my window and said "get the f.u.c.k out of the car" "have you been drinking tonight?" i told him i had a few a longggg time ago. and then he said well what the f.c.u.k is that, pointing to the open beer in my cup holder. )it was my friends).....so anyways...he made me get out of the car, sit on the hood, then he said to one of the girls as she came out of the house, get the f.c.u.k. back in the house unless you want to get areested along with your friend here (me). he asked me many questions about the night, and then said come on with me we are going to the station. he took me to jail, checked to make sure i didnt have anything on me, and sat me in the cell and asked me all the questions he needed answers to.

never even once did he say my rights, and i am being charged of underage drinking. i didnt get a DUI, and i didnt get breathalized but I TOLD him i had drank a few a long time ago.

so now what do i do when i go to court. can i say that the police didnt read me my rights. because i always thought that when the police mess up, you are off the hook.....

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 186
Sounds like u r right to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
so basicaly i may be able to say..

judge...i drank...i am underage..

but the cop messed up and didnt read me my rights before he questioned me let alone the whole night....and since the cop didnt do the right thing..i can be let off...even if i tell the judge i did the crime

because i cannot lie to the judge and say that i didnt drink, becuse the cop could have just told him i did....and when my parents are in the courtroomm....it just wouldnt work out..so the judge will know i drank...but i may be able to get off the hook bc the cop messed up..

if i am wrong....someone please correct me....and michael cheatham..thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 784
i would also argue him not giving you a breath test to prove you were drinking. i think minors are allowed to have a little alcohol in their system and be all right because of drinking wine at church on special events and other stuff like some mouth wash has alcohol in it.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 617
you could also get off on just having opened alcholoic bev. in your car. they have no proof that your bac was higher than .08 at the time. cus the cop didnt give u a breathalizer.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 785
^^^nvm forgot about open container...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1184
but i mean....my parents wont let me say i didnt drink...they will make me tell all truth

but what im thinking is doesnt matter what i did..i mean unless i murdered a man...it matters how the cops handle it..and they handled it in the wrong way, so as a result, i believe that i should get off the hook. thats not just my opinion, i just THINK that may be the law....but i will be back in an hour...any input from anyone would help alot...thanks

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 858
if your under 18, then they can't ask you anything without your parents/legal guardians there first.

they don't have to give you a breathalizer test for underage drinking, thats only for drivers.

they can ask you all the questions they want without reading you your rights up to the point you incriminate yourself. in this case since it's underage drinking they can keep asking as many questions they want to try to get you to admit to it, but as soon as you admit, they have to stop and read you your rights. again, if under 18 parents have to be there to do so.

and the beer in the car, did it belong to a friend 21 or over, and were they in the car. if so they can't get you with that, depending on the state probably the worst they can do is hit you with a open container fine.

but in all honesty, since you flat out said you had been drinking when he asked, i think you screwed yourself. unless your under 18 you'll probably have to take the hit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
yea....im 16

Gold Member

Post Number: 1186
the only thing he charged me with is underage drinking..he told me that

but i admitted to it immediatly and he did not read me any rights...he asked EVERYTHIGN..where i got it, when i got it, who bought it...alll that..but no reading of the rights

im juts trying to find out if its worth it when im at court to bring up the fact that he didnt read me my rights. i dont want to bring it up and sound stupid, but then again, i dont NOT want to bring it up, and regret it.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1357
the police in sandusky ohio can take away your system the very first time that they pull you over

Silver Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 107
I thought that they have to read you your rights only if your getting charged with a felony.... Im prolly wrong though

Bronze Member
Username: Bassgalore

Post Number: 74
Here in Mississippi you could not have gotten a damn thing. First of all your vehicle was parked so there was no "routine traffic stop" Which makes that beer can on private property which he would have to have a warrant to use against you or take. Second since he did not catch you in the act of your music being loud, he was trespassing on your property with no reason to be there. You can fight this. It would be like me calling the cops and telling them you are speeding but you get home before they even see you... they cannot give you a speeding ticket. FIGHT THE MAN!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
the only problem is that i told him i was drinking a while ago

i dont know the actual laws on reading people their rights, so thats why im wondering.

i want to fight it because i really think the cop messed up, im just not so sure on how to present my case in court

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 638
I didnt want to jump in this, But, If you tell the Judge the cop didnt read you rights, the judge will ask him. He will say yes. Now its your word, (A underage drinker) against a cop. uhm, who do you think the Judge is going to believe. Personally, I think you were lucky just being charged with underage drinking. It could be a lot worse. DUI,DWI, Minor in possesion, Open container,resisting arrest, Drunk and disordly. Cops can charge you with anything they want, and when you go to court they uasually will dismiss some of the charges if you plead to others. for this charge, The worst you will get is probation and at best just a fine. Good luck. Talk to your lawyer is you have one.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1235
Reading your rights don't mean sh!t! Try and prove it. Take the underage drinking along with your lumps because your gonna get them!! Drinking by a minor is a misdemeanor and will disapeer when you become an adult, ain't sh!t. You are lucky he didn't make you blow, get you for and open container plus a DUI. He may have sounded like an @sshole but he did you a favor. You admitted to him that you were drinking doesn't matter if it was now, yesterday or last week, you were drinking period, he had you right there, lol. Tecnically a cop can take ANYTHING out of your car without asking, probable cause. All he had to do was notice the open alcohol and he could have impounded your vehicle until court, feel lucky. Polo.. :-)

Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 1
my older bro musta got it luck then..one night him and some friends left a party and on there way home some cops pulled them over cause of a fight that happend at the party...some people said it was them even tho it wasnt..anyways my bro a passenger was being asked questions and kept callin the cops bumb shits pigs u know anything to piss them off soo they arrested him he fought a lil bit they put him in the squad car and was hauling him down to jail..on his was down he said wich one of pigs is gonna let me go they asked y they would do that he said u didnt read me my rights and cause of that this is kidknapping..soo they just stopped and let him out right were they were at.bad thing was it was 2am and down in by our jail..if anyone if from phoenix
and knows were madison jail is they will know it aint a place to be by. he just called us and we got him no charges or nottin...soo if correct and u were arrested wit no rights it can be kidknapping....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us