Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 814
it'll be fine

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 884
No, that amp is not 1 ohm stable. If you can get Type R DVC 2 ohm, that would work. You need a 1000-1200 watt class d mono amp. A pair of the mrd m605 would work.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 815
good catch, i must've been thinking of something else on that one. yeah a pair of the m605 will work great, or even a pair of the 1005 if you really want to push them. but which ever you choose don't forget to upgrade your alt. and everything.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 885
Two DVC 4 ohm subs = 1 ohm parallel/parallel, 4 ohms series/parallel, and 16 ohms series/series. he needs a 1 ohm stable amp that puts out 1000 watts. OR an amp that puts out 1000 watts at 4 ohms. That alpine puts out 1000 at 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 173
nick, will a pair of that amp, you suggested, put more load on the alt?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 816
yeah

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 886
maybe an extra 20 amps. 120 amps instead of 100 amps. If you can get diamond audio in your area then try to find a D61000.1. 1000 watts rms @ 1 ohm. Or MTX TA91002. 500 watts x 2 @ 2ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 181
for something that small you dont need to upgrade your alternator just add an extra battery and a 3 farad Cap as the cap does not help your power system but it does help your amp get direct power at bass bursts and get this amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=269

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-MRD-MI001-1400w-AMP_W0QQitemZ9741636945QQcategoryZ495 0QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what abt this amp??

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 887
That amp(kx1200.1) will put a big burden on his electrical system. It also puts out up to 1400 watts. That could damage those type R's. I think he also has to buy locally, b/c shipping is very exspensive. That amp is very exspensive locally. I said two alpine mrd m605's would work, but that would put a large load on the alt too. I would just stick 1000 watts and no more. What type of car do you drive Aman? Some cars have small stock alts. Mine was 120 amp stock which is on the large side. some are as small as 60 amps.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 817
so you wouldn't upgrade the alt. while running a 1200wrms amp cause it's to small, but you would suggest getting a cap. which adds an extra strain to the alt.? and an extra battery? maybe upgrade the battery but for "something that small" why would he need 2 batteries? and by the way, a 3 farad cap. would be a waste, it's 1 farad for every 1000wrms., so 1.5 would be plenty.

and yeah that kickers' a great amp, i had the same one on my old r's, but without a big enough alt. he wont see the full power it puts out.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 888
no, the m1001 is 1000 watts at 2 ohms not 1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
Actually, I have an amplifier. ITs a Hifonics Brutus 1000d. Someone said it produces only 75% of rated power. Thats why I am afraid of making and playing the subs underpowered
I've uploaded a pic of my car, I dont know abt its alt ratings, may be you can get an idea about that. Its a Skoda Octavia Uploadaid

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Also, I've to buy an amp from ebay usa. Bcoz, in India, only amps from Kenwood, Sony and alpine are available. So tell me if any other brans can pound the r's

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Also, pioneer

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 818
i'd look for a kicker on ebay, but if you buy locally stick with the alpines'. but you could get a bigger hifonics on ebay that'll work, just look for one that'll put out about 1200-1400w @ 1ohm.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
ctmike, I tried but couldnt get one between my price range, i.e. $300 shipped.
Can you Please

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 819
couldn't get which one, hifonics or kicker, or just any amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
well, I need a reliable amp for powering the type r's pair properly in between $300 shipped.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 821
with that budget definately look for a hifonics. just try the amp you have now, if you don't like it sell it and use that extra $ for a bigger amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
wat abt fusion amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
actually mike, it was bought on ebay and I havent paid yet. I don't want toake risk of buying that amp. Because resale will be difficult as no one in India know abt these brands.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 889
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=14965
Can you order that. If so it will be perfect. 1000 watts, 250 + shipping. Great amp. High quality.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 823
good amp^^^

or if you stick with ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BX1500D-SUBWOOFER-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitem Z9738856102QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also noticed a bunch of hifonics 1600 amps that only ship to the u.s., but maybe you could work out a deal with the seller and pay a little extra for the shipping.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
do they ship to India?? no they dont ship to India.

What about this amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MB-Quart-QAA2500-2-Ch-1000W-S-H-28-95_W0QQitemZ973892889 3QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
thanks mike. The amp which i bought is also from the same seller, hope he will cooperat with me.
Thankyou

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 890
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MB-Quart-QAA2500-2-Ch-1000W-S-H-28-95_W0QQitemZ973892889 3QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte
That should work fine. 2 x 500 rms @ 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 348
off topic: Aman, what part of India you from ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
Hi JC, I am from Punjab, North India

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 353
Thats cool my parents are from around there.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 355
alos as to your question, ^^^ nicks choice is excellent in my opinion

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
I am going to buy Hifonics 1500D, wat about that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
from where ur parents are?

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 357
Thats a pretty good amp, but I can't get around the quality of MB Quart. I've helped a few ppl install those amps and they've never had problems with them and since you live in India it could be difficult to send for repairs or warranties if you have problems with lower quality amps. Best to spend a little more to get that quality. Thats why I would try to stick with high quality amps, not saying hifonics is low quality I just feel its not as good.

My parents are also from Punjab, we could all be heading up there next month for summer break, to meet family.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
Tell me about the Hifonics, will it be a smart decision to buy a 1500D amp? Will it stay working for a resonable long time??

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 358
It should stay I don't have too much experieince with them, I was just comparing the quality to MB. If you can get a good deal that yea go for it. And the amp should keep working as long as you don't go crazy with the settings and boost it all to the max. Alos don't attach the amp to the box and everything should work out fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us