Noise in Subwoofer??????

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 105
Okay ive just noticed when i have my radio on but the volume all the way down i can hear things in my subwoofer. Like for instance if i put on the hazards or the turn signal i will hear a thud every time they blink, in the subwoofer. The car dosent have to be on but the radio does.

I thought maybe my ground wire on my battery was bad cuz it was loose but i replaced it with a bigger 4ga wire and im still having the problem.

Any suggestions....

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1095
check the box for any cracks if all is good one of ur voice coiils are damage, when a coil is damage not blown it sounds like sh!t at low volues and its sounds regular at full volume

Bronze Member
Username: Im_the_loudest

Post Number: 33
your RCAS are prolly running next to your power wire right???? You have to separate them to the two different doors....

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 106
its not that the sub sounds like sh!t but i can just hear things in the subwoofer when the volume is off. I really hope that the voice coil is not damaged cuz i just got this sub in february for like $270

and the rca's are on the right side and the power is on the left, i was thinking it was something with the rca's but i dont know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i had that problem b4 and the RCAS is receiving signals from a power source. Maybe your HU..just replace your rcas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
I used to have the mids in my very first install make a whistle noise every time i step on the gas........especially past 4 rpms

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 396
I'd say a ground came loose somewhere else. Maybe check your engine ground. How long have you had the system in before you heard this noise?

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 206
lol the voice coil is not blown lmao. try to change the ground from your headunit to bare metal if its not already. i had the same problem and i changed the ground and it worked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us