Brutus series?

Username: Loseronriver

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 1
i was think about getting a 2000 watt hifonics amp for my ride. i can get it for $329 , but my buddy has 4000 watts audiobahn for $400. is the brutus serie any good and same question for the audiobahn 4000?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 807
what are you powering? the hifonics is overrated so you wont see all of the power is says it puts out, but at least it isn't audioburn.

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 155
I would go with Hifonics over the Audiobahn. I will also be getting that 2006D.

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 2
lol well you made me feel bad about saying a am powering 2 audiobahn aw1206t's... lol

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 808
can you sell them or return them?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7759
yep,,also do u have an electrical system upgrade???

also i bet ur friends amp does not put out anywhere close to 4000 watts...

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 3
http://www.kensei-news.com/cgi-bin/cetc/exec/view.cgi/34/28808 is the story on the audiobahn... http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16370 is there is the hifonics amp... and no i have not done any upgrades yet..

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 4
i found the hifonic cheaper last night , but i forgot where now.. opps . after reading some of the post. would i be better off getting the 2000d mtx , that guy is offering?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1576
how did ur friend get a 2,000 dollar amp for 400???

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 5
he didn't tell and i didn't ask.. lol but it is still in the box , he had it for awhile but never come across a full setup he wanted.. well that is what i was told. lol see no evil..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 810
i can tell you the same story on audiobahn than that link in fewer words-crap

and yeah, you better do some upgrades before trying to run that much power in your car.

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 6
i don't mean while as in months , weeks , once again, so i was told..i found one on line for 1300 also ..

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 7
just like a more power alternator? capitor? what is all needed? i had a mtx 1000d and it had my volt meter jumping like crazy and ruined one.. so apparently i don't have to strong a charging system. i was also told old school mtx took alot of extra power though..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 812
ho alt, new battery, and upgrade the big 3 and you'll be set. and don't get a cap. you don't need one, and if you get one, only get it AFTER you get the ho alt.

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 8
ok not really sure what a ho alt is or the big three. hey but i understood new battery. but what kind are good?

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 9
ho alt = high output, ok figured that out. what is big 3?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 133
Gte a High Output alternator i suggest www.excessiveamperage.com for that (200A +). Get drycell deepcycle batterys for best result (ex. Optima Yellow Top) and probally a run of 0 gauge and somthing around a 200A inline fuse. Upgrade your ground and positive wires under the hood also... 0 gauge from frame to battery and alternator. and do the same with the positive(not connecting it to ground thought DUH :-P )

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 134
another thing, i completely agree with those people saying audiobahn sux, i bought one of there 18001DT amps i think it was 1800RMS 1ohm whichever model that is, it burned up as soon as i turned it on, never bought another amp from them again, i bough 2 immortal series 12'' subs from them QVC 2ohm, they suck @ss can give some loud bass you can hear for like 5 blocks away but sounds like $heit :-( what are leaning for SPL or SQ or SQL

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 10
i just want sumthin that will beat down the block when driving around. think i will go with the hifonics bxi 2006d. i heard brutus was pretty good.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 138
Well what do you mean by beat, SQ is more of the type of bass that you feel. SPL is the kind that you here for a far distance(and makes your ears pop alot)You would probally need bigger then a 200A alt if your going SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1579
what kind of subs are you plannin or runnin?

Bronze Member

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 11
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNAW1206T
these the speakers i will be running. i have two right now and depending on the amp , i might get another. i want to heard from far distance..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 836
you get those subs and all people will hear is lousy, distorted, crappy bass coming from your car, and only for awhile cause those piece of sh!ts wont last you long. what's your budget for subs, someone here will point you in the right direction.

Bronze Member

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 12
most i casn spend right now is about 400 total. wifey runs a tight ship around here lol..

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 839
just a few on ebay that are better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Resonant-Engineering-XXX-RE-Audio-XXX-12_W0QQitemZ9740462753 QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/pair-TREO-Engineering-12-SSI-subwoofers_W0QQitemZ9741700348Q QihZ008QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1998
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-DD-Digital-Designs-subwoofer-2012a-Like-Re-Audio_W0QQitemZ 9740056569QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look into these if you can get them for around that much its a great deal dd is one of the best company's out ther if not the best

Bronze Member

Beaumont , Texas Usa

Post Number: 14
thanx guys, i have all three on watch this item mode. now back to amps. should get the brutus 2000d an maybe try to get in on that autotek 2000d that guy is offering? or sumthin else?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 745
autotek all the way jejej, B you're going to pay me for every client i get right? lol!

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3233
lol Juliob..

Chris get the MM 2000d, you wont be disapointed!
:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us