DB drive or kicker

Silver Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 149
i want to get 2 10's for my extra cab dodge 98-2002 and a box could any one help me choose and plez help find a box that faces out to ward the front of the cab not to the top of the seat or down!

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
just trying to keep at top for a good hope of an answer

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 239
I don't think theres enough room height wise to do that. I'm pretty sure you'll have to take the back seats out to have them that way. Firing up/down is fine, unless you just want to see the subs...

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
i thaught that i wouldnt be as loud any other way other than the forward way?

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 240
Well it varies by vehicle. Usually you try as many ways as you can to find the best sound. In your case, thats kind of hard... I've heard that down firing works pretty good, but most people face them up.

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 201
it wont make much difference in a truck

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
ok so waht sould i do? and what subs i like the db driv ebut never heard them or what about idmax?

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 241
Idmax are great subs, but you can't get any new now because they're working on a new design. No clue on the DB Drives, and you mentioned Kicker, which are a good choice too depending on the model. Personally, I'd face the subs up, because your passengers will for sure be feeling that :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
true but i want great sq but i wouldnt mind decint spl but not a real big deal what subs do u rec for a type 1 box????

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 134
ive heard the db drive platinums and they are real nice, alot nicer than kicker in my opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 86
i had db drive stuff... sounded great... i only had the speed series... which is a good sub .. its really shallow mounted and sounds good for what i payed for it... i have 2 10's dB drive speed series subs for 190 if your interested...

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 243
If quality is what your looking try these. Only heard good things about them, and they're cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
i am looking for a good sub i will pay 200 for one if it is a good sub. Well i found the box that i want can someone help me match it all up (sub to box)? this is the box with all the specs http://caraudiofactory.com/19942001-dodge-extended-p-75.htmlmy

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
what about ma audio or jl audio w3's will the w3's work good in that box

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 244
The link is broke. Stay away from MA if you can, W3's are good. What is your budget total for subs? And I thought you wanted 2?

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
it is a box with 2 in it and i dont want to pay more the 250 apiece

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 246
Hmm, well from what you've said the W3's will probably fit you good. What amp will you be using? And can you get specs on the box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
yes the specs are .77 cubic air per side and mounting depth of 8" and i need a good amp i have the subs in my room i just didnt know if they would fit they are 300rms apiece!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us