Think it matters?????

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 219
in mmy amp kit the rca wires are blue and clear, but on the HU and the amp the holes are red/white, think it matters if blue wires goes into white/red or clear into red/white????

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2578
it dont matter...
as long as the colors are connected the same.(i cant explain it lol)

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 236
Not whatsoever. You could use a video cord if you wanted to. A wire is a wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
like on both blue is with red and clear is with white???
and another ?? would my remote wire just be a single wire or would it be like dual wire?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 238
As long as you run colorX to colorX with any wire, its fine. And I have no idea what your talking about with your remote...

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
alright about the wires, im not sure which is the speaker wire and which is the remote wire, one is really thin, just a single wire, thew other is thicker and has 2 wires in it, lemme try and draw it lol

----------------------------------- -first wire

-----------------------------------
----------------------------------- -second wire
----------------------------------- and on this one there is like 2 wires but are together, get what im saying?
so which is remote and which is speaker wire?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1215
01GPSE, what head unit are you running and do you have pictures? I have a 01 GTP that i am finally getting around to update the HU but I am undecided on which one I will but, too many choices, lol. Polo. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
well i should be getting that part done today and then get the sub/amp put in friday, but im runnin a pioneer deh p680mp, damn the dash is a b.itch to rip out tho lol, but i got a hu mount from HUMOUNT.COM and it looks tight, kinda expenseive but is awsome, could get it illuminated for like 10 extra but i didnt wanna mess with it, and actually just learned that its a 02 not an 01 hahahahaha, yea i feel like an idiot. ill get some pics later today,

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
bu does anyone know the answer? which is the speaker wire and which is the remote wire?
one is just a single wire and the other is like 2 wires but in one..... like wrapping

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1219
No real difference between the 02 and 01. The dash piece just snaps out be carefull where you grab. You will need to have your shifter in neutral, the tilt allt he way down and left turn signal on, lol. I think the hazard button down too. The radio is heald in by four 9/32" screws which you can either use a nutdriver or a philips screwdriver, nutdriver is better. You have the Bose system, if so that will all have to be removed. Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1220
The RCA's are the blue clear with the connectors at the end. The speaker wire is the two strand that is fused to each other, the remote it the single blue wire, should be about 20ft of it. Polo..

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
nah i aint got bose, but the dash is out the rca/remote is ran all i gotta do is hook it up, just taking a break, thanks on the wire, luckily i ran the right one lol, i just need a piece to connect the remote to the remote on the HU, my dad is picking it up on his way home from work, along with my carpet :-)
ps, do u post on clubgp?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1221
Naaa, I have an account there but I am not all into GP's. You learn how to pull up the back seat yet? Let me know, I found out how to disassemble the entire car, lol...Polo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
cant get pic to post, it was a bad one anyway i will get a nice day shot tomorrow
well thats cool. but do u have anything done to the gp or completely stock? any visual mods or anything?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1225
Nope, I am old sooo stock is good for me. I have every option possible, it is black on charcoal with the 5 star twist rims. I was gonna mod her but the trannys are sh!t, they blow up around 400hp so that is out of the question. I was looking at a new GXP, sweet @ss ride! My car only has 54K on her and not a single dent also never been smoked in, lol. The only mods done is the stereo mods, 300A alt, two runs of 1/0 ga wire and soon to have my custom built ported box with a Treo SSX 15.11 pumped with 5k, (4 Kicker sx1250's). Right now my car is a mess almost every interior panel is removed to add material/adhesive to get rid of rattles little at a time. Polo. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us