Amp upgrade for w7

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 72
Right now I have a Hifonics Brutus 1500D powering my 12W7 in a slot ported box built to specs off jl site. I know Hifonics isnt the greatest of amps but I have had no trouble with it at all and it seems to get the job done. I'm assuming that it puts out 750watts rms @ a 3ohm load, so I am guessing its more around 550-650watts since the amp is under-rated. I do like the way it sounds now, but I belive it could get louder, and i think it lacks in the spl dept. due to the amp. What would you reccommend for an amp upgrade for under $500. The JL 1000/1 is to expensive. Or is it worth saving for. I know their has to be equally good amps out there. Any advice would be apreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 193
you can get a 1000/1 off ebay for around 600 maybe cheaper if you find one. i would go for a 1000/1 if you find one for a good price

Username: Erik_taylor

Redington Beach, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
^^ Can't beat the 1000/1. I love mine!

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 736
PG xenon 1200.1 cheaper than JL and is very good.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2366
PG Xenon or JL Slash are the only amps that work really well with the W7's odd VC impedances.

Silver Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 160
JL 1000/1 is a wastee of money...for anybody that has a budget...650 for 1000 watts is a horrible deal no matter what company..idkk thats my feeling.. Orion 2500d is $440 and thats 3 and a half times the 1000/1's wattage...no?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us