Pioneer Deh-P960mp Screen Help

Username: Thuglove

Post Number: 1
Does ayone know how to repair the rear screen?mine just stoped working..LMK ASAP thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3146
LMK ASAP...that's a new one haha

What exactly is wrong with the screen? Chances are you'd be better off just buying a new one with the PCB attached (replacing the screen itself can be a massive project!).

Post Number: 2
ummm,if i knew exactly what was wrong with the screen,i wouldnt be here asking you guys now would i????

i just bought the cd player on ebay a few days ago for next to nothing and havent recived it yet.the guy said that the rear screen doesnt come on,yet everything else works 100% inc the outer screen.

i searched around the net and only found 2 others that have had the same prob,1 never got a answer and the other on this site had a post where a guy said that the screen just needed to be resolderd..

i was just looking around in the hopes of findin someone that had the same prob that could LMK how they fixed theirs..

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3149

quote:

ummm,if i knew exactly what was wrong with the screen,i wouldnt be here asking you guys now would i????

I meant symptoms-partial display, lines in the screen, completely dead-not working is too general. And you said yours 'just stoped working' but you haven't even received it yet?

It probably needs a new OEL display...a very expensive part (100-200$).

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 143
chances could be he didnt wire it it in right either when connecting it previously before selling it to...

Post Number: 3
i just got it and everything on it but the screen works 100%..the screen just never lights up,just stays black(off).im break it all down in a sec and see anything is broke loose on the inside..

Post Number: 4
from everything i can see its a broken ribben cable from the mobo to the screen.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3164
Cool, then it won't be so expensive to repair after all.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 84
but please nextime do not buy something that is broken. so you wont have a problem

Post Number: 5
LOL.i paid $40 shipped for this cd player.the cheapest youll see it on ebay for is around $350-400..

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3168
Wow, congrats on such a good deal.

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 20
The ribbon cables are cheap, but some of them are a beotch to put in. Good job on the awesome buy. I think you'll like all the features of the unit.

Post Number: 6
i JIMMY Rigged the cable for now and i have it all up and running 100%(cut out the bad part,sanded down the ends,tape,then used a PC ribbon cable end clamp to hold everything together)..

Yeah these are great cd players.since 99 ive only owned 2 cd players that were'nt pioneer,a sony(skiped a ton)kenwood(sound like crap) and both sucked..pioneer had me hooked when i got my deh-p8000r for $420 in 99(at the time it was close to $1000)and that thing is still runing great..

i just sold my 8600mp and was looking for a beater cd player for cheap,but when i ran into the 960mp i just couldnt pass it up..it was alot of fun trying to get the screen up and running,its also fun getting a $400 cd player for $40(really only about $25 if you remove the shipping costs and ebay-paypal fees from the $40)

Post Number: 7
"The ribbon cables are cheap, but some of them are a beotch to put in. Good job on the awesome buy. I think you'll like all the features of the unit."

UMM no this was a VERY ez fix bro.

power on the cd player,hit the "OPEN" button
Cut the power,leaving the face OPEN
remove top cover(one screw)
remove cd player(4 screws,unplug 2 cables)
remove the front face plate
remove 2 screws from the side of the front face bracket(holder)
remove front face bracket and unhook its cable from mobo
remove 2 screws from the side of the REAR FACE
If Looking at the front of the cd player,turn the WHITE GEAR on the right hand side AWAY from you(or clockwise) untill the rear face Pops out
remove its cable
install new cable,slip rear face back into place and turn the white GEAR ALL THE WAY to you or counter clock wise..
then just put everything back together.

shouldnt take someone but 2-3mins to do this job VERY VERY EZ..

it took me about 30mins-1hr to get everything broke down and another 2days to get the cable fixed becuase i had ZERO help..but i hope the next peep that comes looking for a fix for their deh-p960mp will find this thread of much use,becuase i couldnt find jack for this fix on the web..

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3177
Honestly, that's quite a bit of work in contrast to other player's flex cable replacement procedures! Glad to hear it's working fine, though.

Post Number: 8
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WOW!!! you feel thats a lot of work?
have you ever installed a audio system b4?

i just cant beleave that i lay out a "HOW to" for someone to fix their deck,and the reply i get is "THATS A LOT OF WORK"..nothing worthwhile is going to be handed to ya..

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3187
lol, i'm saying in contrast to replacing the ribbon cable in other head units. I used to think the Sony M600 series were hard to replace :-) Most of the time the faceplate pops off and you just take out the screws of the faceplate to get to one end, and take out the cover and cd mech to get to the other end of the ribbon cable. Very rarely do you have to manually turn gears and break the faceplate bracket that far down. I'm glad it was so easy, though...you should be a technician :-)

Username: Samek

Post Number: 2
i have a 99 chevy malibu and installed an aftermarket stereo now when i turn the car off it does not save the memory for the radio stations can anyone help?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3189
Travis: The battery constant (yellow) wire isn't getting power when the car is off.

Post Number: 9
make sure the red wire goes to a switched power,and the yellow goes to a constant like the lighter..

Post Number: 4
thanks im gonna try that but it seems like i have tried everything and it just keeps reseting itself

Post Number: 5
now i got the radio to hold memory but now my speedometer dont work anyone have any ideas of whats wrong now

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3192
When you were wiring the new wire, did you pull on any cables? Be sure to check fuses as well...

Username: Wantstodrive

Post Number: 1
May i please get the Stereo wire color code for a Nissan Altima 1994 GXE please?

Post Number: 10
I Dont know the wire color for that car,but you should UNDO what you did to make the speedometer stop workin,and i HIGHLY DOUBT that its a fuse as the 2 arent run close to each other.

IM Glade that your willing to try and install car audio on your own,most ppl wont even try and will just waste money on installs when that money could be used for upgrades to the system.but you really shouldnt have messed with it unless you had the basic's down or had someone there to walk you thur it or you could run into some nasty probs.

ive never had anything bad happen to the car i was installing whatever it may be,but a buddie of mine set off the air bags in a Porsche when instilling a cd player.i have no clue how that happend as ive worked with air bags for years,but thats just something to keep in mind when your messin with something that you have no clue about..

GL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
OPPS my bad on the last post,thought Travis Samek asked for the wire colors..

Bob Smith.is the STOCK wire harness theer or have the wires been cut?
if the harness is there just run to walmart or your LAS(Local audio shop)and pick up a aftermarket to stock harness apt for your car(about $10) then just match the colors up..

if the wires have been cut,look around the net for a digram but GL with that,best thing and the saftest would be to just get a volt meter and go throw every wire in the bundle to find your hot leads for both constant and switched,then work from there..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us