CONFUSED

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 874
My orion 2500d broke a month ago. I took it to a local audio shop and they couldn't repair it. So they sent it to Orion to be repaired. It cost 275 dollars to have it repaired. I just got it back 10 min ago. Orion said that the amp was "under stress" and NOT to run it below 2 ohms. The reason I bought the 2500d was b/c it was 1 ohm stable and put out 2500 watts @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 875
BUMP

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 810
i always thought it was 1 ohm stable too, look on orion's site see if it says otherwise?

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 877
Yes, I looked on Orions site, thier hcca 5000d(new o6 version of 2500d) is 1 ohm stable. I have a WCC 5000d. West coast customs version. On the WCC web site they says it 1 ohm stable. Every where I have looked it says 2500watts RMS @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 814
call orion and tell them that...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 815
or your wires were too small and putting strain on it so your amp had to work harder?

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 878
I have a HO alt. 3 batts. 250 amps of fusing. rockford fosgate 4 guage wiring. two for ground, two for power. The only reason I can think of that would make the amp fail would be damage from vibration. The amp was mounted on the box. I just don't get how they can advertise one thing and tell me something else. I have 4 15's, dual 8 ohm. all wired in parallel.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 879
12 guage to each woofer.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 821
um... try mounting your amp somewhere else, i'd get a 0 guage wire...2500 watts is alot for a 4 gauge wire to hold...

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 880
I do plan on mounting it somewhere else. And the amp has 4 power connections instead of the ussual 2. It has 2 ground and 2 power(all 4 guage). Your right a single run of 4 guage would not be enough. But I have two runs of 4 guage for power and 2 for ground. And the wire has a high strand count.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 832
it could be favoring a wire, you know? maybe one had a bad connection to the amp or to the batery? maybe check yoru gain aswell

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8162
mounting ur amp on the box - thats ur problem right there .

oh & btw B had his amp running @ 1/2ohms daily overpowering his subs almost 5 time & not a thing has happened with his wcc amps .....

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 882
Thats what I narrowed it down to. That is why it is going on the back of the rear seat. I knew B was running two of them at .5 ohms. So I was pretty sure Orion was giving me B S. And the amp broke will the subs where playing a not around 90-100 hertz(above my crossover point) So I wasn't straining the amp as they said. I must have hit the resonating frequency of one of the components inside the amp. Causing it to break lose of the amps circuit board.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us