Re audio sx vs sounds splinter rl-p wich one wil be louder

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1090
so i decide to f@kkkkkkkkkkkk the police i have a single re audio sx 18 inch that i used to do 145.3 at the dash on the termal lab but the police got my truck for loud musik i had to pay 680 for gettin it back plus 1k for court so i decided to make a killer system that can do 150 db and this is wat i came up........

4 rl-p 15 inch powered by around 800-900 a piece by two bx2006d hifonics amps the woofers will be in a enclousure that is tuned to 35 hz and each woofer will have around 3.5 cb ft in my explorer.

will these soundssplinter rl-p can be louder than the re audio sx?? oh im talkin about 15 inch models the soundsplinter have 24.7mm of xmax and the re audio is 24 xmax i know that the sounds splinter will have much better sq than re audio sx but im talkin about spl.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 382
assuming you install everything right they should be way louder than the sx. i did read something on here though that one guy said his 4 12's were not as loud as 2 12's because of noise cancelation or something. but i think it was something he did wrong in his install.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1856
i hope there louder, lets see 4 15's ported vs 1 18 ya im sure the rl-p's will be louder.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1091
no im talkin about 4 15 rl-p vs 4 15 sx not vs a 18 inch but when iget them and i make my lke show off car installation i let u know

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1860
ohh well in that case i would still go with the rl-p, supposedly has better sq than the sx and im sure 4 15's in a good box and right amount of power will get very loud, if you want to stick with RE you might look into the mx, i heard it has the spl and power handling of the sx but the sq of the xxx.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1093
yeah u right mx is a very good sql sub my friend bought it like 3 days ago it sounds loud and crisp but in the high end like 50hz to 60 hz it gets alil sloopy

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7752
the sx's would kill the rlp's in spl.....heard both, and the rlps are sq subs.....

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7753
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
oh i thought you were comparing them to 1 18" sx. lol. yeah the sx's would be way louder. they are much more efficient and handle a little more wattage.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7755
"much more efficient"

u have it backwards...the rlps are more efficient...

ex...if u give a rlp 500rms it will perform better then a sx with 500rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
i thought it was the other way around. i thought that the sx was one of the most efficient subs around.

or is it the loudest sub with 1200w rms? i know it's way more efficient than the new XXX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
didn't bump

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7757
when people do that comparision (sx vs. xxx)

they always give the sx its rated rms or more, but never the xxx....

If u give a sx 500rms, and a xxx 1000rms *that would be more fair.....and would be more comparable... the sx is not more efficient...it is just geared toward spl over sq...while the xxx is more geared toward sq over spl....also the sx has a much higher sensitivity then the xxx, this is the only reason people think the sx is way more efficient

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1869
hey chauncey have you heard the new mx sub from re, if so how does it compare to the sx and xxx in spl and sq.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7761
havent heard it...but from the reviews...it is better then the 05 XXX<<Took its place... better spl, sq, more effiecent....everything....but until i hear one, which should be sooooon....i will give u a better review....

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1094
umm ill said that the sx is more efficien because at 1 watt the sx has 92 db and rl-p 88 ummmmmmm i think the one with more effieciency is sx im not tryin to be an @sss just sayin wat i think nope the mx is alil louder given the same watts aas the new xxx but the xx still sound better and cleaner but when u give around 2k on the xxx the xx is way louder than the mx the problem for the xxx is that is too power hungry unlike the mx my friend got his mx like 3 days ago it sounds great and louud but like i said before it gets sloppy on 50-60 hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
lilrob

not trying to be an a-ss but you should use periods in your posts. their really hard to read, lol.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7763
"mm ill said that the sx is more efficien because at 1 watt the sx has 92 db and rl-p 88"

^^That has nothing to do with effiency.lloll

If thats the case some pyramids i have seen would kill alot of subs..but we both no thats not the case

Bronze Member
Username: Im_the_loudest

Post Number: 35
trash both those brands and get radio shack brand. Or better yet just get dj speakers...they hold lots of power and are cheaper wattage wise

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7765
just stop^^^ go read a book or something...watch tv..do something....just please stop wasting ur life giving useless knowledge...thanx..

Bronze Member
Username: Im_the_loudest

Post Number: 38
hey thats funny.....i'm from huntsville too...i like to stay on this all day and all night.....even if its almost 2 in the mourning...my last sreen name i've posted over 7764 times also........small world

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1096
yeah just tell me why alot of companys put a little word in the spl called efficiency and then they put 88.db (rated at 1w 1 meter) or im lyin???

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1097
plus in alot of spl u can see on their descripcion sayin things like our woofer is the woofer with the most efficiency in its class. i think they mean it will get louder with less power ummmmmmmmm...........

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1098
im gonna show u a bigg example

atomic speakers are one of the most trusted spl brands available.........

# eXTREME SPL competition woofer
# high sensitivity, extreme efficient motor to ensure high SPL possible
# Rigid Die cast aluminum basket
# Organic long fiber non-pressed cone body for accurate tight bass
# Highly damped Kevlar reinforced cone body
# Extended neck joints on cone, coil and spider strengthen the integrity of moving structure for high power capacity
# Butyl rubber surround heavy duty and forever lasting.
# Compressed mounting ring gasket
# vented coil for extra heat dissipation

dont beilve me look here

http://www.atomicspeakers.com/productinformation/loudspeaker/apocalypseX/APX18D. html

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1099
another example of ascendant audio arsenal description.

We opted for a large cone and matching surround rather than an enormous surround and a smaller cone. Large surrounds look impressive, but they make the effective cone area smaller and lower overall efficiency.

and yeah alot of people use spl,sensivity and efficiency for the spl thing that is measure at 1 watt. so im cofusing things??????????

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1100
oh audiobahn use efficiency too look

http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/pages/woofers.html

oh snap jl audio use the term efficiency too
Free Air Resonance (Fs): 23.5 Hz
Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.476
Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 7.517
Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.448
Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 3.68 cu. ft. / 104.3 liters
One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*: 1.25 in. / 32 mm
Reference Efficiency (no): 0.269%
Efficiency (1W/1m)**: 86.3 dB SPL

oor
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=10

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1101
the fficiency is how the woofer react for example a woofer rated at 90 db at 1 ohm with xmax of 22 like the sx and thermal power of 1k it will be easily to get the woofer react or reach its full xmax,,

some lower efficiency woofer like a woofer with 86db with 22 mm of xmax and 1 k rms will need a lil more watts to reach its full xmax
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us