W7 in today, quick question

Bronze Member
Username: Brycew7

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 52
Today i Just got my 10W7 installed with my Alpine 600W amp. My HU is a 4 Volt Preout. When i set my amp to 4.0V gain, it barely moves the W7, but when i set it to 1.0V it starts to really make a nice difference. why does the alpine instruction manual tell me to match the gain to my preout Voltage on my HU? It sounds way louder and better at 1.0V

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1085
because i think the 4 volt is peak so the rms will be 2 volts put it there on your amp because if u put the gain too much it will start clippin damagin your subs and amps just if u think in 1 volt is clear and loud with out distortion leave it that way if u heard alot of distorion is that your clippin ur subs and amps

Bronze Member

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 55
Thanks lil' Rob

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1086
no problem man

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 76
but your 600walpine is not enough to push the 10w7 plus its probably even peak not rms please verify it

Bronze Member

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 56
The alpine is 400 W RMS at 4 ohm, 600 W RMS at 2 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 80
ok bryce, but hope your using 600w at 2ohm so you can atleast power the w7 adequately

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 863
you can't wire it to 2 ohm? cna you? i thought that JL made their W7 either DVC3 ohm or SVC 3 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 287
can you run that amp at 3ohms?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 864
if its 4 and 2 ohm stbale you can, it will be gettin like 500RMS or so

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1075
Any amp that is 2 ohm stable will run @ 3 ohms. Like Shaine said, you just won't get as much power as you would at 2 ohms. You should have a decent match there.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 874
no, he'll be under powering it by about 250RMS, if i remember correctly the RMS of the w7 is 750 and he'll be gettin around 500RMS... it wont sound horrible or anything just underpowered, you might blow it sending a clipped signal though...

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1076
No the 10w7 is 500 wrms. The 12 and 13.5 are 750 and 1000 wrms, respectively.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 75
^^^correct. That amp is fine for that 10w7. should be giving it around the right rms, maybe a lil under maybe a lil over. either way that amp is fine for the sub.

Bronze Member

B.C., B.C.

Post Number: 58
yea , it's a SVC 3 Ohm , the amp is decent, it's just not pushing it like i see the W7's in www.realmofexcursion.com video's where the W7 looks like a donut on steroids doing bicep curls.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 184
hahaha nice analogy bryce... but it could be the song they r playin n' they r prolly powerin their w7's more... dont think in the videos of subs on realmofexcursion those subs do wat they do in those videos on a daily basis... they set the gain up n' play the perfect song for their subs n' put bass boost n' all that stuff..

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 185
also if u just got it in today im sure its not goin to be all out the first few times u use it.. just a thought. be patient u have a great sub there n' u wont be let down
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us