Install help PLEASE

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 197
well i just got everything out and ready to go for the install within the next coup[le days and had some ???
first, what do i plug the rca wires into on the amp input or output
second what do i plug the rca wires into on the HU their is is two sets of red/white, the another set that is like a cord red/white and has a "REAR INPUT" tag on it
third thier are some things on the amp i dont know whjat they are, the are 2 weird looking holes that say 30a and then another also wired but different one saying " HI-LEVEL INPUT"
and last where do i put the remote wire into on the HU? in the harness their is a blue/black wire with a wired connector on the end labeled remote wire something, so im guessing thats it but not sure, answers are appreciated thanks

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2352
RCA's go from the HU to the amp's RCA input. where they plug into the back of the HU depends on what the amp is going to power. subs, then hook them to the sub output. front speakers, then hook to them to the front output...ect...ect.

the holes that say 30a are prob fuse slots for 30 amp fuses.

don't worry about the hi level input. thats what you use if you don't have RCA's.

there should be a blue wire on the back of the HU labeled REM. hook the remote wire there and to the REM input on the amp. be careful not to put the remote wire to the power antenna wire, blue with white stripe, or your amps will only turn on when you turn on the radio, lol.

if theres not a REM wire on the back of the HU, then hook the remote wire to an ACC spot on the fuse box instead of the back of the HU.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 144
RCA on amp: Input
RCA on HU: 2 sets of RCA, one says rear input and other isn't labelled ?
2 weird holes=for fuses
not sure on the high level input...
find a wiring diagram of your vehicle to find out your remote for sure... http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.asp has a lot of wiring diagrams...

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
well for the rca on the HU there are two white/red that are not labeled and then white/red cords that come out and say rear output

and there is no JUST blue wire on the HU tho
and just to be clear which do the rca go into on the amp cuz u both said diff things

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
didnt bump

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 148
Blue with a white stripe is usually remote...

RCA's to HU... I'm not sure why it says Rear Input... you sure it doesnt say Output?... Anyways, try both of the RCA's while you have the deck out, and see which one sounds better, most likely one set will be sub, one set will be rear, or one sub and one for front...

Bronze Member
Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 100
can i go now

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
hghhg

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
sorri wrong post thingy

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
1)yea i looked in my HU boook and the one pair is sub, so ill go with those
2)but for the remote, shopuld i go with white/blue cuz on my HU guide it shows that one going to the amp.
3)and which do i plug rca into on the amp everyone said diff things lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
oh and those 30a things for the fuses, do i need to do something with those?

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
please answer i wanna do it now, thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
please, someone answer i need to get this done

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 379
yes, you have to do something with those. you have to get a 30a fuse. you can get them at any hardware store for like 2 dollars for 5 of them.

buy a fuse, and plug it into the amp.

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 380
u dont need the high level input at all.

put the rcas into the input on the amp.
when you try to plug it into the HU, try both sets of rcas. one will prolly work good, and the other prolly wont. if they both work, then it doesnt matter which one you use. if they both work, that means that the HU is made so you can hook up another amp to the rcas.

if your cd player is all hooked up, find the power wire that is most likely blue with a white stripe, or just blue. wire your amps remote wire straight into that wire, and then tape it up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
i got 2 things that looked kinda like the plug in, kinda like little computer chips, those the 30a fuses u think, they came with the amp

Silver Member

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 382
yea. lol. the 30a is most likely green.

it should just say 30 in white numbers, then they have two prong type things coming off them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
yea nvm im pretty sure they are already in the amp, there is just 2 extra, but thanks lol
thanks ALOT man, hopefully wire some tonight some tomorrow, im getting excited

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
one more quic question, on the back of the HU their is front, rear and subwoofer output for the rca's which do u think would be best,, cause im about to seal it up because im doin the job over a couple nights, and should i unhook the battery before i connect the wiring harness into the plug ( which i still need to find lol)

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 846
well those are for what frequency your amp will recieve.... so an amp for woofers would go to the woofer, amp for mids would go to either

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
so hook them to the woofer outputs? because im just powering one sub with my amp
and do ya think i should unhook my battery before i start unhooking wires and stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us