Have 2 JL w6v2 I want to sell, can I put w7's in the box? Or are they different size.

Username: T187b

Post Number: 2
Hey guys, Im not sure the measurements of my box, but since they are both going to be 12's can I swap my w6v2's with w7's 12" subs. They tuned it for w6's specifications but would it matter if I just put the subs in place or is the w7's much different in terms of the box? Thx

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 776
yea, the displacement is different so the runing would be different, but you can try it... it wont hurt the woofers...

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 778
bump

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 399
your probably gunna have fun installing those w7's tho... they require a special install

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 99
Why are getting rid of your of your w6's Taylor? I just bought two of them and had a hard time deciding between one w7 and the 2 w6's...

Post Number: 4
I want 2 W7's . I have a JL 1000 ... I wanna see how loud subs can really go lol

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2353
i wouldn't swap out W6v2's for W7's.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 915
two4fifteen wrote

"your probably gunna have fun installing those w7's tho... they require a special install"

explain urself man

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
it actually wont be that bad... but your gunna need another front baffle, basically screw it down to this new front baffle and then attach that baffle to your box. those subs cant just be top loaded into a hole where another sub used to be. look at the sub... the screw holes are on the underside.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 65
OK, so the only thing different about the W7 is that you need to take off the o-ring, and then lift back the surround to expose the screw holes. I wouldnt exactly call that a special install. It still mounts to the box just like any other sub.

Post Number: 5
thx guys, Brandon.. why not.
2 w7's for w6v2's i want it loud!!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2373
i had a 13W7 powered by 2 500/1's in a ported box tuned to 32Hz and now have a Treo SSI 15 in a sealed box powered by a bridged Zapco Reference 750.2.

with the W7 i really had to crank it up, full volume to get any detail out of it to really get it sounding good. it had no presence at lower volumes. also a rather boomy sub.

with the Treo, it sounds just as good at low volumes as it does cranked up. amazing detail, accuracy and it'll get just as loud as the 13W7 with less power and its in a sealed box. also its less then half the price of the 13W7.

the W6v2's are amazing subs. prob better then the Treo SSI. they sound better then the W7's although they might not be as loud. they don't require as much power as the W7's to get sounding nice either.

if all you are looking for is loud, then get some audiobahns or kickers or something. they will sound bad but get loud. if you want something that'll be louder then the W6v2's yet still sound good, then look into RE, Treo, Stereo Integrity, Ascendant Audio... all make subs up to par with W7's for way cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3911
I whould put that 13w7 in a 1.5 cuft 1.38 net sealed box and really enjoy the BASS. It will sound good and hit very low and accurate.

Match it up with a JL 1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 384
are you saying that the ssi is better than the w7? now that's a statement.

i remember seeing somewhere the top 10 mainstream subwoofers and the w6 was number 1. the w7 was 4th i think.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3912
I whould take the 12w7 or 13w7 over any of the SSI's.

p.s. the 1.38 net was meant for the 12w7 and not the 13w7.

Either way i whould pick the W7's.

The SSI is a better value for the price you pay though.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2380
bah, hush MO, you don't know what your talking about, lol.

just my personal opinion since i've had both. i'd never go back to the W7 from the SSI i have now. W6v2 i prob would, but not a W7.

its really all subjective though. if you like the W7, then theres nothing wrong with it.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 373
Brandon, wat do you have pushing your SSI, and wat kinda box?

Taylor- you said you had a JL 1000/1. Is that to power both w7s, b/c your going to need more than 1000 watts going to both of them i believe.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2388
Jordan - i got a Treo SSI 15 in a sealed box, 1.75 cubes and stuffed lightly. 2 ohm DVC wired at 4 ohms and powered by a bridged Zapco Reference 750.2. sub is also inverted and firing up towards the trunk lid.

12 and 13W7's need a 1000/1 for each. i've seen people running a 1000/1 to each coil on a 13W7 before too. 10's work fine off a 500/1 each and 8's work fine off a 250/1 but really shine off a 500/1.

just for anyone who is wondering...

Silver Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 158
how much louder would 2 12" w7's get off 2 1000/1's instead of 1?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2399
about 3dB gain if you double the power. which is about twice.

Bronze Member
Username: Munkie

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 24
Nice stuff, good job going with JL.. i just bought a JL 1000/1 amp... and cant decide on subs..

Either 2 10W7
or
One 12W7
or
One 13w7

Its a 1995 mustang so i dont know if i will have enough room for a 13w7..

Thnx for any input..
I Do realize im stealing ur thread bud.. thnx anyway :P

Also any advice if i should get a Custom box made by a Audio shop or should i buy the JL Box W7 H.O Wedge...

The thing is if i get a W7 H.o wedge box i have to stick with the 12w7...

DUno if a JL box with a 12w7 will be better then a custom box with 13w7....

Bronze Member
Username: Munkie

Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 25
I do realize im stealing ur thread bud.. thnx for bein so nice.. :P

Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 9
wanna sell your w6's??? how much? email me at quick94gt@sbcglobal.net

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
you guys are @ssholes. quick jacking peoples threads. is it that hard to start your own. honestly

Post Number: 7
lol two4, its okay man lol.. Well I would sell them but I dont know, I bought them in box for 800 a few months ago, no scratches, make me an offer.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1355
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=8

this will tell you how to mount them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us