Umm...figure this out for me....

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 369
I'm confused on something. I got both my treo 15s hooked up, im not sure how big the amp is tho. cant be more than 800rms tho. So we'll just say like 400 to each @ 2ohm. Anyways, i know that usually having a window down or opening the door a lil bit makes it sound louder in most vehicles. Same way in my car, it sounds a bit louder with all 4 windows down. But my main thingim wondering is that when i pop my trunk it gets ALOT LOUDER. Like goes from loud to make ur ears hurt loud. and i cant figure out why. I thought that closing the trunk made it louder. Right now they are in a ported box tuned to 32hz with the subs facing the inside of the car. Anybody know y poppin the trunk makes it alot louder? im talkin bout a huge difference.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 866
Most likely you are getting some sort of acoustical cancellation due to the position of the subs. Have you tried facing the box backwards? That is odd tho. When I pop my trunk, most of the bass goes away.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 769
it could be the amount of free air space in your trunk, the woofers can't push all the air they are capable of but when you open the trunk the air is fully pusdhed you know?

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 388
what kind of car do you have, make/model/year.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 370
1999 cadillac seville. idk y its like that. its weird.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 143
ya, face the subs toward the back, that should solve your problem. of course the subs will be louder if they are facing you with nothing in the way ....

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 372
Anybody else?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 845
the free air space, it lets the woofers move mroe because they can push more air...

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2367
having the subs face different directions affects and ammount of free air they have to react with. also affects the obsticles the waves have to reflect off of to get to you from the trunk.

so when you face then backwards, they will typically be louder with the trunk closed. when its open most of the sound waves will just exit the rear of the car. but if you have the subs faceing forward, when you open the trunk or windows you are lowering the pressure build up basically and allowing the subs to move more freely.

but its all different for each car. don't really know if thats totally accurate, but thats kinda how i look at it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us