Amp wiring kit

Bronze Member
Username: Rykie

Post Number: 24
guys i think the best buy people ripped me off.. they told me to get this wiring kit for my 2 amps was wondering if this kit is enough wiring for all of it. Its 2 alpine MRP-450 and 2 alpine type r's 12 inch. anyway heres the link

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=5&series_id=4 1&family_id=86&item_id=83069&locale=en_US

do i need more or better wiring? im kind of confused, btw im running a capacitor with this also so im a little lost. Is 6 gauge wiring enough to run from each amp to my capacitor?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 135
17ft. 4 AWG silver braided power cable,
3ft. 4 AWG black braided ground cable,
6ft. 8 AWG silver braided power cable,
6ft. 8 AWG black braided ground cable,
(2) CPST-500 16.4ft. Twisted interconnect cables,
40ft. 16 AWG OFC speaker cable,
high current MAXI fuse holder with 60 amp fuse,
2-position distribution block with 30 amp fuses,
4-position ground distribution block,
three 4 AWG solid copper seamless ring terminals

and im not sure what your plans were using 2 four channel amps to power those subs, unless the subs are dual 4 ohm then you can wire the bridged channels (200x2 brigded at 4 0hms) independantly to a seperate voice coil (then do the same on the other amp).
I would say you should use 0 gauge power wire, but 4 gauge will work for these two amps (fuse totals are 100 amps).
now when wiring this, go from the distribution block (either ground or power) to the same this on each amp with 8 gauge, then ground the ground distribution block with 4 gauge, and send the power distribution block to the capacitor with 4 gauge. Run 4 gauge from the battery to the capacitor. You may have to split the rcas off the HU as well.........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
srry for the mis-communication they are mrp-M450, they are Class D mono 2 channel amps.not totally sure on what u meant by

now when wiring this, go from the distribution block (either ground or power) to the same this on each amp with 8 gauge, then ground the ground distribution block with 4 gauge, and send the power distribution block to the capacitor with 4 gauge

So basicly im gonna run a 4 gauge from bat+ to capacitor then i got lost lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
okay, sorry about the confusion,

run 4 gauge wire from the battery to the capacitor
then run 4 guage wire from the capacitors posative (same spot the battery went to) and run it to the fused distribution block. then run two seperate 8 gauge wires from the distribution block to each amp.
for the negative, ground the capacitor seperately to the chassis using 4 gauge wire.
then use four gauge wire from the ground distribution block to the chassis. from this grounded distribution block use 8 gauge wire to each amps negative terminal.
as for the rca's, i beleive the alpine amps have an input and an output for RCAs, so from the HU plug the RCA's into one of the amps then go from the output on that amp to the other amps input for the RCAs.

also, the HU will have a wire for REM. look i the manual to find which one it is, then run a 16 gauge wire back to one of the amps REM inputs. then run another wire from that input to the other amps input for REM. this turns the amps on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
the fuse should be 18 inches or less from the battery on the 4 gauge power wire. you should probably get a larger fuse, matching the total capacity of the wire (4 gauge is about 125 amps total if I remember right)

what voice coil configuration are those subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Upload

the subs should be dual 4 ohm, so this should be how you wire them , each to a seperate amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hmm the one in my type r manual shows different. it shoes me using the jumpers included *banna plugs) to plug a both positives to both negatives together and then run a speaker wire from one positive end and one speaker from one negative. But other than that my main question was is that wiring kit enough? shouldnt i get another 4 gauge wire to run from my + cap to my D-block?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
youll have too see, im not sure what kind of car you have, for like a honda it might be enougfh, but for a caprice or something it probably wouldnt, you will probably need afew more feet to go from the cap to the d block.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2334
rykie, mono means 1 channel, that being said you need the following:
power wire w/ fuse
disti block
power wire from dist block to amps
ground wires to each amp(prefered0 or you can use ground block
1 set rca from sub out w/ 2 sets of Y adapters, 1 female to 2 males, and 1 female to 2 females(add a short rca on to that one to other amp)that is because the amps will prob be to far to use just y adapters
and a remote wire with a jumper to the second amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us