What sub?

Silver Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 152
hey guys ant been on here for some time....been making money.. for dam subs!

right guys i have made about 300pounds might need some more yet

and i need to decide what sub to get.....

three options

15" kicker l5 750rms £120ish each
15" orion h2 1000rms £280ish each
15" mtx 9500 1500rms £300ish each

i will be getting two of the the chosen brand, but what do you guys think?
kicker is supposed to not last that long, but very cheap for rms/price
orion is just really good quality and last long kicks alot
mtx is just the best rated sub's by man kind with over 3" excursion! mad and really good, hard wearing, but very expensive?

what should i get?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 734
DO NOT EVER GET KICKER L5!!! they have the worst SQ imajinable! idk how to spell:-) is there a reason you want only those? are those the only ones avaliable to you?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1063
three of them suxxs buy a soundsplinter rl-p at soundsplinter.com are much better mtx 9500 na bro is just looks its about performance beuty is only skin deep bro

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
guys are you sure.... lol?
ive been researching for long time and never herd of soundsplinter.com in my life, and mtx has been round for years, also shaine, could you explain why sq is crap? i think is ok? two of them in a sealed box, powered by a MTX 1501D amp
???

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 737
the kicker L5 has horrible SQ.. (sound quality) the kicker L7 at least sound KIND OF desent. MTX isn't great of a company, and are just slightly above Audiobahn, and everyone here will tell you audiobahn sucks. so MTX wuld be on the same lvl. if i were you i'd look into some other woofers, what type of system are you lookin for? SQ SQL or SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 355
i would say get the mtx 9500 out of those. they are like 1000rms i think,and they are not looks at all. they are LOUD. those arent even in the same leauge as the L5s.

Mtx has pretty good sq too. lilrob, tell the truth, have you ever even heard a 9500 for yourself?? in a sledgehammer box??? one will rattle the car next to you, have good sq, and also last a LONG LONG time. and they are really good subs all around. they have a quote on there site taken word for word from a guy running part of JL, and he even says they are amazing subs. actually, he also says they are as good as w7s, in the spl, and close in the sq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
sq and spl, but hey i dont think mtx are at the bottom with audiobhan, i agree with you about audiobhan, but putting mtx just over them is just insane i think.
can you list your top 5 brands

this is what i tink
RE
mtx
orion
RF
Kicker
?? wat u think?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 739
no... Jl orion Re DD idmax, are good ones, but EVERY pricy... out of those i'd for with some RE woofers and orion amps...

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
well for decent loud bass and sound quality, kickers arnt up to it?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 741
they get LOUD no SQ... and as for RF... your funny LOL... eclipse, AA are also good, do you know what is avaliable to you or no?

good brands
eclipse
JL
AA
orion
RE
idmax
DD

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 744
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
well everything i think, i have my uk supplier who get me any thing frm usa or where ever. i live in uk..... and i have a Mtx 1501d amp which i will be wanting to use, so i need to decide what subs to get....re xxx is too expensive and so is mtx subs, but they are loud, but so are kickers which are fraction of da price init. so dunno really, in the uk, main top subs are mtx,kicker,and RE i think?

so i need to get two subs, which will run off a 1500rms at 2 ohms,, what sub u recoment, should i get L7 instead of L5 is there a big difference?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 749
the L7 would have better SQ... i'd get some RE SE woofers, but idk what you can wire them to, idk the VC or the ohms they are or anything... look into eclipse Ti's they are good woofers as well...

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 75
get 2 cvx's

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1848
there are 2 12inch idmax's on ebay right now that would work perfectly with that amp, and trust me the idmax is A LOT better than a L7.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 751
can he wire them to a 2 ohm amp?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1070
hahah these people crank me up all of u never heard soundsplinter umm im sure u never heard an elevation audio execution,atomic speakers apxx 18 inch,soundsplinter rl-s and rl-p haha people cmon u still stick with your l7's and mtx and sonys there are better subs bro

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1071
www.atomicspeakers.com
www.elevationaudio.com
www.soundsplinter.com

Username: Sofire

IN United States

Post Number: 3
well my friend has a 12" L5 and I have a 12" L7, both get loud but mine is definately louder.

but I would go with something else because both the L7 and L5 have bad SQ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
i dunno guys never herd if idmax before?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1072
id max has one of the most amaizin sq a subwoofer can produce theres afew woofer that can catch up with the sq and loudnees of the id max

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1849
or if those idmax's are too much theres a ascendant audio avalanch on ebay, that would be an awsome sub, its dvc2 so you'll have to wire it to 4ohms, but the ava does very well off 700wrms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
but, one avalanch, compared to two kicker L5 wouldnt the kickers be louder guys?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 758
not being an a$s but why are you so stuck on the L5's? if you just want loud get the L7's they WILL sound better but if you want to hear something that sounds good get some AA products or the stuff lil rob said

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
1st reason, is because i can get them really cheap i mean two of them 4 £200 is real value4 money, i like the look of the idmax's ate they eaisly available in uk? includin a warranty?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1850
dude listen AA is so so so so much better than kicker, you ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for" why do you think those kickers are so cheap, cause you have to replace them every month cause they blow so damn easy, one AA avalanch would equal like 4 L5's, trust me the ava is so so so much than the L5.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1851
bump

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1073
no an avalanche will not outperfomr 4 l5's ill said 2 but no 4

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1852
i meant quality wise, the AA build quality is a lot better than kickers, spl wise then 2 l5 would equal 1 ava. but the ava would have so much better sq and last a lot longer.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1074
oh yeah dustin aa ha good built quiality

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 393
"spl wise then 2 l5 would equal 1 ava"

no. L5's can get loud. ava's too. ava's retain great sq, L5's sound like sh!t. but lets not get carried away, two L5's can get louder than a similar size single ava, both being properly powered and in a proper enclosure. we're talking about such an increase in surface area its not even funny.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 170
first of all no1 bid on that avalanche on ebay because i talked to the guy n' he was feeding it 1200 rms daily n' it was in several competitions... in other words it was beat to sh!t ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
some one post a link to the sub please...

also to try to come to a conclusion, i dont think i can get the avalanche,IDmax as both are from usa, which i wont be able to get delivered in time, also anything i get from ebay will not have any warantee.

so i think guy's if you had a choice,
either two kickers L5's or two orion H2's

what would you buy for a mix of sq and spl?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8135
IMO - s/h & tax would be a killer so list which sub brands u get locally in ur country & the guys here would guide u accordingly ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
mtx,orion,diamond audio,kicker,alpine,jl audio.....

but i think you guys pick, out of these two:
kicker L5 or Orion H2...

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
ive come to a conclusion decided 4 the kicker l7's

two of them, with my mtx amp. sealed boxes 15" should be nice...

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 790
i'd pick the H2.... or JL audio....

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
id say look at diamond audio (either d6 or d9 subs), JL audio ( maybe some w3's or w6's) , or even alpine (some type-r's would have way better sq than those kickers and still get loud). if money is tight, the type-r's would probably give u the best combination of sq and spl, since your brands are limited.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 380
don't seal the l7's if you can help it. if you do have to seal them i would get type r's instead. they do very well sealed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
actually, why dont you look at kicker's comp cvx. close to the L7's output but with better sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
so why do you say the cvx's will have better sound quality?

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
lol, because they have better sound quality. its not that difficult. the l5's and l7's are basically spl subs. the cvx is closer to a sql sub (good spl and sq), which sounds like what you are looking for.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1985
hey whoever said mtx is just about as good as audiobahn sorry to break it to you but not true at all i think it was shaine im just saying they arent the best out there but ther build quality is actually amazing they dont break down at all they get really loud and sound pretty good

Bronze Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 84
well shaines opinion dosent count cause he dosent know what hes talking about half the time........

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
ok guys. i just need to understand one more thing now, how can you explain the difference between sq and spl, i am thinking dat spl=the amount of pressure you feel on your chest or how much the car shakes? and sq=is where i get stuck how can you determine a better sq sub that a bad sq sub??...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1148
lol i picked up that vibe too jcash.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2311
if it was me , out of those brands you can get id get 2 12'' diamond d6's ... can get pretty loud in the right box and have great sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
hey guys,
i was out today looking at different sub's, and i have now seen that kicker are really poor quality, and orion dont compair with mtx at all also the mtx thunder 9500 are way too expensive, so i have been shown a different model of mtx, the thunder 8500, which i think i might go for, its loud, good quality bass and very strong, and money wise not to much either.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8150
JL is no1 of those of course provided that u have $$$$$
otherwise out of all those other brands Diamond has the best reputation followed by Alpine

ur best bet is 2 ask 4 a demo ...

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 872
Kicker is definitely not "poor quality". There subs are nothing to impressive. The CVR's are a good budget sub. The CVX is a decent sql sub. But where kicker really shines is there amps. Most are underated by around 15%. MTX amps don't compare to the quality of kicker amps. There higher end subs are on par or better then the best kicker has to offer. But there lower lines(5500 and below IMO) are pretty trashy. There speakers suck, never heard a MTX comp set or coax that I liked. There amps generally put out what they say and don't break doing it. If it where me, I would take a look at Diamond. The D6's or D9's. Both great subs. Also, the alpine type R would be a decent choice as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
i second the fact that kicker makes great amps. im currently on my second generation of kicker amps, the first being their kx600.1 and kx350.4, and now im running their zx1000.1 and zx200.2 . i loved them both, slightly more so with these new ones. in any case very solid amps that put out above their rated wattage and have never given me any trouble at all.
as for their subs, i have never personally owned one so i will step out of that debate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us