Wiring a quad VC sub to 2 amps

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 84
Ok, i have 2 power acoutsik amps both 2ohm stable 2ch. one is a gothic series 1600w. and the other is a plasma series 1920 watts. (not the rms ratings) but anyway i want to hook up each channel to its own voice coil the sub is quad 2 ohm vc so that should be safe as long as the power from each amp are close to equal right? I dont have anything to test my wattage but i do have a ohm meter, i was thinking maybe watch the power consumpsion on my cap or multimeter and then power that amp off and try to match it with the other, equal gain ect.....would i have any problems with this? each vc is 500watts rms at 2ohm i believe

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 145
I wouldn't hook up 2 different wattage amps up to it... I've seen someone ask this before, and they only response he got was "boom"...

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 726
john, why don't you sell those amps and get a good one?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 102
cuz these are going to be used for my mids and highs once i get my good one back.. i tryed it like this too, and it was bangin hard i just didnt feel comfortable keeping it wired like that cuz i smelled that smell when things heat up, no damage but ehhhhh, so i just wired it to 8ohms which really measures to 6ohms (audiobahn dosnt rate there things right) lol and connected it to the the amp bridged.... 4ohm minumum channel... should be alright right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us