Bass going slower than the song speed.

Bronze Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 11
Sometimes if I am listening to a fast tempo song like techno, the bass beat will start falling behind the tempo of the song. It doesn't distort or cut out, just starts lagging. Is this a problem with the amp or what?

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 12
I have heard of amplifier slue(spelling) time but don't know if thats what its referring to or not. It's almost like the song is so fast that the bass isn't processing fast enough to keep up. Any suggestions for resolution would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1009
Someties if you have power hungry woofers and you underpower them, and have em in a large ported box, the woofers will lag, but not too noticably bad.

If it is really off, then I would have to say that your charging system may not be sufficient.

From the looks of your profile, you have way too much stuff running if you have a regular stock alt.

Your stock alt is your problem.

You may need a HO alt prob 200-250 amps.

Username: Bobmk

Honolulu, Hawaii Usa

Post Number: 3
It also has to do with the size or your bass cone. The bigger the cone the longer it takes to react and give off the sound waves. Adding more power may help, but can't say for sure.

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 13
Would the HO Alt. be enough to suffice the power needed, or will I need to add a second battery along with it?

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 14
Also, who would you recomend to get a HO Alt. from?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 86
http://www.excessiveamperage.com/ you can find some on here for alot cheaper then what thewy would ask at a sounds dealer.... atleast by me they tryed to charge 600$ for a 200amp alt. i got one locally for 200$, but anyways this guy has fair prices..... i got a quote for a 375amp. alt. and he told me 400$

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1172
Nathan makes 375 amp alternators???

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 94
He told me he could make me one for my 99 blazer but he cannot make it any bigger then that he said unless i want to get a second alternator mounter, but i cant find ANYBODY who will make me brackets and so i can mount it... :-( i need more power

Bronze Member

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 16
I'll give them a shout. Thanks fella's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us