Alpine 9855

Username: Dguillory

Post Number: 10
I am running into volume control problems. It seems as though the head unit will increase volume to about 20 and then doesn't through 21-27 and then it picks up again to 35. Also, is the Media Xpander the internal amp of the head unit? Should I be running it if using an amp? If I do not, i loose some of the clean sound. I am using the hu crossovers and time alignment. Any insight , I would appreciate.
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Also,Does the unit have to be wired directly to the battery on the yellow or can it be to a fuse?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1002
The yellow has to go to the battery for memory backup, otherwise your radio stations and other settings will reset every time you shut the car off. It is best to go directly to the battery so that you will not get any interference and/or short circuit surprises.

The red wire goes to a switched fuse circuit.

I reccomend that you buy a wiring harness and take the guesswork out of it. Just connect the Alpine wires to the harness and click in the adaptor to your cars multi-pin connector.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks. So the the yellow must be to a hot wire because I have disconnected both grounds on my batteries and the unit kept most memory except clock. Now will it cause pre-out voltage problems if it is not directly to the battery? Everything else seems cool. I used everything my old unit was hooked to, I just got to thinking about the yellow and I know it was not directly to the hot on battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us