Sweet car, sh!tty subs

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 776
has anyone else noticed that really rich people with extremely expensive car get crappy subs. i saw a car show on TV that had mercedes and cadillacs with like 6 TVs in them and 24" rims but had sony and audiobahn subs. what is wrong with these people, they have almost unlimited budget for subs yet get some of the worst subs out there.

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 834
they just dont know whats good and bad mostly, and someone else always puts them in anyway so they dont care

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 894
they know no better......n they only know about mainsteam stuff.....they dont care...for 300,000 i can build a way faster car then a lambo.....n still have 200,000 left over.......

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 349
they spend all their time, spending money on everything, they dont have time to sit down, and figure out what subs are good and which ones arent. lol. they just go into best buy, or a store like that, and buy the most expensive stuff the store has. lol. and they think its good. but my amp and subs are bettter than anything best buy has. lol. there best amp is 600 rms alpine. anyways, those poeple are dumb*as*ses.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1040
yeah maybe those amps and subs were installed by a profesionall that can make 2 sonys p5 subwoofers hit 150 and still soundin good, and maybe he charged 5k just for the installation just like unique whips nobody knows or maybe they dont care the sound they just want good brand names
oh hey have anyone saw the video on realm of excursion that some dude makes 4 12's sonys hit 150?

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 835
btw, the inverse is also ture, sh!ty cars and insaine systems, take for instance, me, 89 accord:$2800 from dealer 1 owner 110k in great shape, i bought it with my graduation $$$ for its gas mileage, and i love it. system: RE and ED, near 2000 when its all said and done. but at least my house is nice. i hate it when people have more money in old cars that they suped up, totaling nearly more that there houses. for god sakes, sell the pimpmoblie and move out of the trailer.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 777
wasnt that dude on ROE giving each explode like 1500wrms?

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1044
yeah and they stayed warm

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 914
well I'd say its the sales persons fault for giving the rich person a crappy setup. Most of the time the sales person can make more on the margin with some of the crappier companies and its easy to sell cause its hard to explain the difference in sound to people who can't hear a difference. Just look at Unique whips, they sell their installs for like 25,000$ in Jason Giambi's SUV when that was a simple install and custom box that can be done for half that price. When people don't learn how to be wise stewards and use their judgement when spending money they get ripped off.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7719
when u got Giambi money, who cares.lolol

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1061
yeah the dude at unique the fat one thats looks pissed off sell the jl audio w7 the 12 inch for 1500 and a custom fiberglass box for like 5000 did u saw the episode that a kid wth a yeallow car it was an s2000 i beilve going with will castro and he said i want a good setup i want 3 woofers and 3 amps then will did some calculations then he told him it will be 25,000 then the dude got fustraded and he said i nee to make a call and will ok dude do watever is best for oyou then he said ok ill be back i have to get the money then will said see alot of people think unique is like everyones shop this is unique or somenting like that

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 12
ok now Audiobahn is a very good company.. they have the most power handling out of any other company and theyre prices arent too bad either.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1003
Its sad when you start to justify others peoples lives using subs/audio systems as a justification crutch.

I hate to admit it, but I have done it in the past.

Its just a life. Live it as you please. Its just money. Spend it as you please.

This world is almost over, and I dont wanna go to hell. I trust in God. With God I dont need a system.

Peace

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7727
"ok now Audiobahn is a very good company.. they have the most power handling out of any other company and theyre prices arent too bad either."

Abe ur noob is showing

Silver Member

Post Number: 900
that was a 350z......i remeber that episode....on unique....it was funny on both there parts....

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 984
"Abe ur noob is showing"

Dude that was funny.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3742

quote:

ok now Audiobahn is a very good company.. they have the most power handling out of any other company and theyre prices arent too bad either.

BANNED!!!!!!!!!~-~-~-~-if only i was a moderator. haha:-O

Gold Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1100
killerzracing. About your car for 100k that could beat a lambo. That is a good point. Take a WRX STi for example. 30k car.
Mods:
Bigger intercooler
Intake
Exhaust
Upgraded turbo

That right there you can tune (if you know what your doing) to about 800 HP. And being a all wheel drive car. Lambo's have no chance.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3743
i don't want to counterpoint you. but ALL the Lambo's are 4wd if i am not mistaken. at least the new ones are.:-)

besides.you are not paying $300K for the HP, you are paying $300K for the craftsmanship, the parts used, and the most of all....the name. haha

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1974
and the looks i would rather have a ferrari or lambo over anything u guys could do with any of those cars like a civic or sti

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7733
^^^YEP, 100%

U would get more b00ty in a lambo then a civic.lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8128
let me ask this :

if u were wealthy enough & busy with work & u had a budget of 300K - would u buy a 50K car & go through all the work & headache & spend 200+Ks on it 2 make it comparable 2 1 of those 300K supercars !?

i think NOT ! ...

personally if i had the $ i would get a new Z06 Vette & put a 30K sytem in it = best way 2 spend 100K ....

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 233
Going back to Unique Auto, is it me or do they say they are making a "fiberglass" box but just make bondo into the shape they want and then put carpet on it?

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1012
The grass is always greener on the other side.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 98
Good point up there Muddy. I have an 03 z06 vette. And I here that crap all the time. "I could make a civic as fast as that for half the money" You could do that but, It would still be a civic.

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 235
I would kill for a Vette dude. No way a honda would be better to me...

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1019
what if everyone had a lambourghini?

What then?

Would everyone then want a honda civic, where at least you could put a subwoofer in the hatch area.

The same goes with the vettes.

So what if a rich person spends their money on 6 DVDs and cheap subs. Its their money, not yours.

Pike110, I have heard a lot of stories where drewlers complained and commented on someone elses expensive car when they drove a crappy ol nova ... lol:-)

Its never gonna stop. There are people that do things, and people that talk about somebody elses things.

Forget about it.

Get your own.

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 188
That is honestly the stupidest argument I've ever heard, that someone can make a civic as fast as a vette, or a wrx as fast as a lambo. Sure you can. But there's a reason why it takes a team of highly paid engineers months or years to design a high performance car. Making horsepower is easy. It's making it last that's the tricky part. If you wanna spent 100k to build up a $30000 car so you can say you did it and it's fast and you're awsome, go for it. But don't try drive the thing 100 miles down the coast without a trunk full of tools and spare parts. And it's easy to criticize rich people, like unique autosports customers for spending all that money on JL equipment and an overpriced install, when I could have easily picked up RE equipment off ebay and spent 50 hours building a sweet install, but honestly, you don't think these people have better things to do than sit on ecoustics all day finding out how to pinch pennies like us losers? Sure, you can get better for less, but I also don't think they want to have to pull up in a parking lot, open their trunk full of really good equipment that no one has ever heard of, and start arguing with the next rich arroagant douche that his RE xxx's he picked up ebay are really good and he got a sweet deal on them. Why do they buy a ferrari instead of a civic? because even the dumbest people know ferraris are fast and expensive. why do they use JL instead of RE? because anyone who knows the slightest bit about car audio knows that JL is high end and expensive. And they go to Unique Autosports because anyone who's rich and has a car is going to recognize the decal.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 70
true, these people who makes them are stupid enough not to put a good sub

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 778
if peolpe want JL to show off because everyone recognizes the brand why not get some RE MTs and show off by having the loudest system around? kinda like the dude that is featured on ROE steve meade.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 927
as for the car comments and all about tuning it up and all.....you can make a honda faster than "X" car but its still just a Honda. I would take a Ferrari over a highly tuned Civic that could dust my Ferrari anyday, cause I know the tradition and craftsmanship of the Ferrari.

As for Unique, only think Unique about them is that Canadian chick and their prices.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1857
this is kinda off topic but has any1 seen the 2006 camaro, they look sweet as h3ll.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 746
Me, I'd take the new Ferrari 599 GTB. $280,000 gets you the same V12 from the Enzo, 612 HP, refinement never before achieved in a Ferrari, 11 cubic feet of trunk room (for you know what), and the sexiest damn car I have ever seen. :-)

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 236
If I had the money I would buy the vette and then jack my Cherokee up about 20" and put 50" tires on it and drop a new everything from motor, tranny, drive shaft, axles, and all the other little goodies and be satisfied.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1025
Dustin,

From what I heard, GM shut down the camaro plant a few years ago (04 I think). I am not doubting you, but it would make quite some buzz, if they did. At least here in the states it is not available, perhaps in canada and other places they may still be available, who knows?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1863
i was reading about it in a magazine the other day. just google it i found all kinds of links about it.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1026
IT IS A CONCEPT CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!:-(:-):-(:-):-(:-)

http://chevyhiperformance.com/hotnews/0601ch_conceptcam/

As of now, word has it we can expect the all-new Camaro between '08 and '09, with a street price starting at $25,000 for base models, which will make it competitively priced with its arch rival

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1864
ohh my bad, i thought it was allready in production, but anyway still a sweet looking car, i'd take it over a mustang or charger any day.

Bronze Member
Username: Orion_hcca

Post Number: 18
GM is following the fad and bringing the camaro back for late 07 early 08 i believe, their concept was on display at detroit auto show. all i have to say is, thank god they said that thing wasnt the final design, its just so ugly. rumor has it dodge is bringing back the challenger/cuda in upcoming years also

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=6262

that is the original concept look of the next camaro at the detroit auto show if you google new camaro, it will show pictures of the updated(hopefully) concept

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 598
Im still waiting for the chevy Vega, Or the Dodge Omni. or what about the Gremlin? And lastly, the AMC Pacer.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1866
ya i'll agree the first concept car is ugly as sh1t, http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?navselect=articles&articletoview=8 heres a pic of the one i was talking about, just search "2006 camaro" on google.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
yah thats the updated one i was talking about, that one is very much sexier than that other thing they called a car

Silver Member

Post Number: 920
this is whut i mean bout a 300K car n makin a faster car......

for instance my car......i would have a 429 twin turbo small block.....with a 6speed stick.....

bags.... fresh interior...... airbags.....carputer....

but ferraris an lambos look good.....ery1 knows bout them but i like to b diff.....n could punish 1.....

but i would love to drive a lambo n get cheeks all day.....LMAO

Bronze Member
Username: Yeah_toast

BIG SB South Bend, IN USA

Post Number: 34
so has anyone seen that awd vette or the jba mustang . there pretty sweet. vette is also sporting a giant turbo (i have no clue right now on the size). me i would just pick a saleen S7 the new worlds fastest prodution car (twin turbos with 750hp 700t). my personal fav. would be a mustang with a 302 stroked to a 347 with twin turbos. people do it alot and find them very reliable (spelling) not to mention they can run into the 7s to high 6s and still be pretty streetable (yes mpg may suffer a little bit) and what a TT Supra. ive seen those run hand in hand with mclaren F1 (spelling) bosting 1200+ hp and not to mention they look just as good as lmabos (my opinion) but im with killer i love to drive a lambo and get the girls

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1028
here is a 1967 completely redone

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rotisserie-Restored-1-of-1-Custom-Pro-Street-A-C- 450HP_W0QQitemZ4650725209QQcategoryZ6161QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1287
Ya itz kool with rich peeps cuz they just tell expertz, " look i wanna really good or loud system, ill give u so much money and get me a really good one." So thatz what most prolly do......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us