JUST WONDERING....

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 153
I am thinking of getting 2-10 inch Assassins to replace my current subs. Would my 350 watt amp be enough to push these, I think it puts out about 220 watts when I wire them up parallel. If not, can someone please suggest another amp(inexpensive preferred)? Only bad thing is, I can't find Assassins on E-Bay, so I will just have to buy them from Ascent Audio.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
WHOOPS, I mean ascendant audio of course.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3014
I would try to put a lil more power to 2 10" Assassins...closer to 400-450wrms.

They are SVC 4ohm subs, so you will want an amp that will produce roughly that amount of power at 2ohms mono.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 250
if your going to get thoes subs you should upgrade your amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
OK, what would be a good low end amp that would do that?

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 251
how much would you spend on an amp?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2549
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PHOENIX-GOLD-XENON-X600-1-CAR-AUDIO-AMP-AMPLIFIER -NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8073024783QQrdZ1
that would be great for 2 assasins

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
that amp is definately within my budget, but it sold, maybe I can find another one...hmmm. lets $180 for amp and $110 for the assassins. thats $290 plus shipping....hmmm If I get all this and hook it up, how loud can I expect to get...It would be put in the trunk of a 2004 Dodge Neon, if that helps. I already am hitting 130 with my cheap setup I have now, so how loud should the assassins be?

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
GRR, I cant see my last post, but I know its on here, anyway. that amp puts out 600 watts rms....wouldnt that be too much,the 10 inch assassins say they are only 350 watts rms. or am I wrong and if I hooked them up parallel, would they get 300 each?

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
BUMP!!!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2559
what amp are u using?
are u going to get the PG amp?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1984
why buy them on ebay anyways when they cost nearly nothing lol

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 411
it sounds like u think they'll each see 600w rms. this is not the case. they would only see 300w rms each, which would be good for those. basically, you just want to find a solid amp that puts out around 600-800w rms at 2 ohm, which that amp does, and is a good amp imo. there are many others as well...

Bronze Member
Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 98
i dont no

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
guess thats true about the assassins, they are inexpensive anyway, so why sell em on e-bay, and yeah, I will probably go with the PG amp. That seems like a good price. Now, again, what should I be able to hit with that setup?

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 416
i actually have a kicker kx600.1 , with birth sheet rated at 710w rms at 2 ohm, that im selling because i replaced it with a kicker zx1000.1. id be willing to do $180 + shipping. great amp, never had a problem with it, just wanted alil more power for my re sx12. its only be used for less than a year. let me know

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
HMMM, What r the specs on that amp, for some reason, this crappy library computer won't show everything at the Kicker website. but everything I have seen says its 600watts rms@20hms. so if it's putting out 710, thats even better..gonna have to think on this one for a bit. I'll let you know within a couple of days. OH, and for everyone else here...just to get other opinions...which of the 2 amps above is best...the PG or the Kicker..please answer as this may help me make my decision

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
OH and what would shipping be? zip code is 71291, if that helps

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 200
i would go with the kicker its a very good deal too

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 172
yes that kicker amp is very well made n' u cant really go wrong with either but it would be better to help out some1 on here than to buy from hifisoundconnection... kno wat i mean?

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
YAH,well it all got blown out the window for now, electric bill just came in and was very high this month...grr...maybe next month
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us