HU Contemplation

Bronze Member
Username: Bobok7787

Post Number: 20
Looking for a high SQ HU that is in some way compatible with iPod. I've looked into the Alpine CDA9857 and Eclipse CD5000, dont really know any other decent HU's. Price range under $400, thanks for any input.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2295
i have the 9857, and the ipod speed wire hook up is great.....

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 130
i have a sony model which has the aux input which plugs into any headphone port. most people dont like sony but I have had no problem.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 259
Alpine

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 362
or look into some pioneer premiers

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 66
are you talking about for under 400, geez, if your willing to spend like that then i recommend you to get primier,clarion,panasonic

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 100
Here's a link to a comparison chart with some decks I'd look at in that price range. There are a few on there for more that $400, but they can be had cheaper at other stores or on ebay. Keep in mind though that SQ is going to have a lot more to do with your amps and speakers than it is with your deck in that price range.

comparison Chart

Bronze Member
Username: Bobok7787

Post Number: 21
well i have a brand new alpine amp (dont know what model) pushing a set of Diamond HEX's, and an MTX 801D pushing a 12" Diamond D6. i currently have an older Eclipse 3000 series, im leaning towards Alpine 9857, but definately open for suggestions. I sorta want to go 24 bit, but I dont know what options i have there, ill go up to $500 if it means 24 bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 81
ok now. usually most hu has 24 bit built in for under 165 atleast, like what darek said that prices are lower on ebay and i assure you can get a sweet hu their, im not really a fan of kenwood but their hu with burr brown is great quality
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us