Alpine MRP-M450?

Username: Sports_fan

Post Number: 9
hey guys just bought jl audio stealthbox for my tundra.
it has a 10" jl w3 in it. will the alpine be a good amp to push it or do i need a bigger one?
there is alink below for specs, thx for any advice.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRP-M450&lang=en&tab=F

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 687
is good, why don't you get PG xenon 400.1? is way better

Post Number: 10
i can get the alpine for $159 brand new, how much is the PG? i am not familiar with that brand, the jl is 300w, wont the 400 be too much?i have a ppi pc2100(the big one) but the audio store told me that was too much power for the jl.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 788
the pg would be perfect for it, i have 2 w3's each ran by a 400.1 and they sound good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i have never used pg, is the quality good? will i have to turn the amp down some, or will the jl handle full power?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 789
what you mean, turn the amp down? i have been running that setup for the past 2 months now with no problems at all. the jl site even says you can give a w3 up to 500wrms before you're in their "danger zone".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
oh, ok. i am not that good with this stuff, the place where i bought my stalthbox told me that i could not go more than 300w w/o worring about blowing. the stealthbox is $500+ so i just did not want to ruin it and be out that much $. they told me my ppi would have to be turned down so i just wanted to make sure i didn't blow it.
do you recomend buyuing a pg on ebay, they have one for like $120.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 790
i'd get the xenon over the alpine any day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thanks for the advice man. have you ever ordered one off ebay?

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 791
not for a long time, i've had a bad experience with them and now i only buy brand, but i know people that do and like it. just look for a high rating (like 98% or higher), and don't buy from indoaudio, people on this forum have posted he's like a ebay scam artist, always ripping people off and stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i would like to buy at a dealer but closest one is over 100 mile away in dayton ohio. thanks for all your help, i will find a way to get the pg. i just didn't know their quality was this good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
indio audio is the one that has it for $111, and has 98.5% positive feedback, but i will stay away in case this is true. thanks for the warning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us