Muddy, Glasswolf, Seth, Chauncey

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 364
Is this correct?

Would I be able to run 2 ohm and 4 ohm speakers off the same amp??? The amp I have is the Alpine MRV-340 4 channel amp.

It gives out 55 RMS at 4 ohms and 65 RMS at 2 ohms.

Would my amp automatically give the 2 ohm speakers 65 watts? or would i have to do some rewiring?

(From Matt Dope): if you put the infinitys on channels 1 and 2 it will see a two ohm load and then put the type s on channels 3 and 4 and it will see a 4 ohm load. so channels 1 and 2 you get 65rms 3 and 4 55

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2330
that shouldn't be a problem.

what you can't do is put a 4 ohm load on the left and a 2 ohm on the right. both sides have to be equal.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1156
That will be fine, like Brandon said. As long as l/r channels are the same, you can wire 3/4 to a different impedance than 1/2. (A good example of this would be tri-mode amps, where you wire channels 1 and 2, lets say to a 2 ohm load, then wire 3/4 bridged to a 4.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7666
my name was in the title??? That makes me feel important

Also i concur, with my peers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1158
lol ya Chauncey. :-P I feel special. haha. Did I tell you I got rid of my 12's?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3716
sorry i was so late to reply....

quote:

my name was in the title??? That makes me feel important

Also i concur, with my peers

X2:-):-):-):-):-):-):-) lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
so can I just unplug my speakers I have now in front which are 4 ohm, and connect those wires to the crossover of the infinitys? and the infinitys will work fine?

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
as long as my front speakers are on channels 1 and 2?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3725
yes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
Does my amp have to be tri-mode amp for this to work???

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 350
no it just has to be 2 ohm stable in stero which it is just hook it up like we said and it will be fine

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 941
Seth's description of a tri-mode amp wasn't accurate, for anyone that cares.
http://www.bcae1.com/trimode.htm
http://www.bcae1.com/trimodpd.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1181
I stand corrected, Jake. I was referring to hooking up a 4 channel amp in three-channel mode. :-P Since 4 channel amps were being discussed, not 2-channel amps, should have been pretty clear what I meant. :-P

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
I have second guessed what I'm going to do, If I am going to get component speakers, I would have a much easy install if i put them in my rear speakers, which are at ear level about a foot behind my head when I'm in the front seat.

This link shows a decent pic of where they are, they are the ones u can see with the white chevy symbols near the top of the front seats.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/system-showcase/228255.html

My front speakers are pretty far down in the door panel and I don't want to cut a new hole for the tweeter in my door panels.

What do you think about putting them components in my rear speakers instead???

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 949
Seth: I wasn't picking on you or anything, but I know how confusing the terminology is. I just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. I apologize if I offended you.

Mike Jones: Sweet system. What are your complaints with the speakers being down in the door like that? Are you not getting the midbass that you're looking for or are do you just not want to permanently modify your interior to mount the tweeters.
What I'm doing since I didn't want to cut holes for the tweeters is mounting the tweeters in little plastic pods that came with my component set. I'm double sided taping them to my A-pillars.
If your complaint is the midbass, you can try aiming the speakers up at your head slightly, while keeping the stock location. You can also EQ the midbass a little higher. Lastly, get a midbass that has more output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1265
Jake, just for the record - you didnt offend me at all. :-) You were correct in your statement, afterall, was my error using that terminology for what I was trying to describe. Heh heh.

I only get offended, when people try to correct me, when I'm right. LoL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us