Whats a good amp to power 2 JL 12w6v2 subs in a 02 Mustang??

Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 5
Im looking to buy 2 of these to put in the mustang, are they good subs ar are the alpine type R's better? what amp would i need? it says they handle 400rms each and there dual 4ohm models only, i would like the price for the amp to be under $500.00 New or used it doesent matter, to tell you the truth i would rather buy a better used amp :-)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1553
http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-QUART-REFERENCE-RAA1000-1000w-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER_W0QQ itemZ9738956572QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good overall amp

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 689
post pics when you finish

Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 6
WHATS THE DAMPING FACTOR ON THAT AMP? WILL IT BE COMPARABLE TO A JL AMP? OR ORION, I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE 1200D ORION, I WILL POST PICS WHEN IM DONE WITH THE INSTALL, I WANT IT TO LOOK GOOD SO ILL SHELL OUT SOME BUCKS FOR IT.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 700
you can get the 1200d, more power and the damping factor when higher better

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1561
i think the 1200d puts out a lil more than 1200. you dont want to be overpowering your subs because you will be sacrificing alot of volume. they are only 400 each = 800 watt amp.putting 600 into each sub isnt much, but you will sacrifice a lil volume. i like the mb quart because the way i look at it, if you like to turn your music up to 25-30+ you should get the mb because if you got the orion it would be wayyyy to much bass at that level of volume. IMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us