Bronze Member
Username: Econoline1

Post Number: 35
easy to hit 145 dbs???
is this an easy thing to do, why, why not

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 146
Well, when I got my new subs, the guy at Cyclone Stereo(Very Reputable audio shop) said he hit 140 dbs with one 12" Diamond Audio TDX.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
have u tested??? was he right???

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 147
Me? I haven't tested it. I don't see why he would of lied to me. He was a big advocate for the TDXs. One 15" TDX at 1000 watts was almost equal to two fully powered 15" CVRS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
that tdx is a nice sub.
im getting a 13w7 (not cheap lol) that will hit 145

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
bump

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 324
lol. theres way too many factors to say if this is easy or not to do.

get 2 15"s at about 500 rms each, and youll hit that with the right box.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7658
all u guys crack me up.lol

are u looking 2 enter comps because 145dbd daily, is very very hard 2 do...

my friend runs 1 D9 with 1000rms and he only does around 137 daily...

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 336
chauncy, is your considered daily, that tahoe?
cuz ive got 2 12's and i would like to bet that im 140+ but ive never heard a test

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1958
im not saying your not troy but i highly doubt your 140+ i would bet more around 130-135 unless u ave the mojo's then i could see you higher but ya im willing to bet in the 30's thats were most people are

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7661
in a box tuned for sql like most of u guys boxes are there is no way u r hitting 140, unless u play test tones, at full blast all day long..

Also guys at comps dont listen to music when hitting high numbers.....they use really high test tones, and really high tuned boxes that sound like sh!t

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 946
^^^exactly chauncey! There were barely any daily drivers at a comp i went to. ONe guy hit 150db with 2 12" type s alpines, no joke, but it was in a snail shell. It barely had as much pressure as other cars becauase it was playing a 60HZ tone or something.

Bronze Member
Username: Nveselinovic16v

Post Number: 66
well I hit 145 with 2xjbl 1202 gto and a single mtx 1501d amp... and every day setup is 2xalpine type x which do 147 all day long

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7662
"and every day setup is 2xalpine type x which do 147 all day long"

whats ur box tuned 2???

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4059
"well I hit 145 with 2xjbl 1202 gto and a single mtx 1501d amp... and every day setup is 2xalpine type x which do 147 all day long"

i have to waive the bs flag on that one. unless you provide proof then i apologize.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1157
Hmm... Most people in comps are using boxes tuned at higher than 50hz.. This is not suitable for playing any kind of music.

Also Jimmy - assuming your 13W7 is going to hit 145, is pretty confident of yourself. Yes, a 13W7 can do it, properly powered, but more importantly, you have to have the right kind of vehicle, and a REALLY good box.

Are you in a hatchback? Because I can almost guarantee you wont be hitting 145dB legal in a trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 683
I like to think my setup is loud... But then again I would like to think I'm at least hitting 140db. 145, well you can spend a lot of money and have nice stuff, but if you don't know what you're doing... you will never reach 145.

jimmy. good luck on your 13W7 hitting 145db. If you are that confident I take it you have much experience, or very very little, in the car audio field.

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 341
I have a hatchback camaro with 2 CVRs and a A800t amp wat you think mine would hit it 35hz you think like 120 or somthin lol "just wonderin"

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 338
devin you're probably hittin higher than that. with my aa arsenal i hit 142.2 db's and playing an actual song i hit 139.? for 5 seconds. if i had my music playing at 139 db's all day it wwould get really annoying and hurt my ears.

all of you people who want to know what will hit 145-150 db's have never actually heard that much volume. i heard 142 and it was EXTREMELY LOUD. remember each 3db's you go up is double the sound audibly

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4061
rob so you are saying if you were to enter a bass race in a comp, you would hit 139? i've seen 2 solo x 18s on 6000wmrs only hit 142 at a bass race. i strongly doubt your single arsenal is going to hit 139 playing music.

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 84
i hit 129 with my my two little 10 inch infinity perfects ... the amp is turned way down also .. so i dont know what it would be if i turned it... i have turned it up b4 and it was all distorted and crap... sounds good now tho

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3131
Chad is EXACTLY correct...
aint no way in hell 1 sub hittin 139 in bassrace...
the pros cant even get 1 sub to do 150 in bassrace yet...

u must have a HELL of a install...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3003
well...its not easy to do 145dB daily.

but, w/ 1 SX15 and a jbl bp1200.1...i do 148.x on burps and i average 144.5dB on music (Usaci Street Beat 2...i tried it this weekend) This is in an 98 extended cab chevy silverado...also, i burp at 48hz.

Can one sub do 140's in bassrace/street beat...YES, but it would require a hell of an install. I know there is a guy in SB1 w/ 1 10" doing 147's (w/ a orion 2500d, in a single cab S10) But i have also seen 16 12's do 149.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
chad- it wasn't playing music continuously. i played it for less than 5 sec with bass controls all the way up. it's not any different than burping a test tone.

2 18" solo x's would it way more than 142. this video they hit almost 170.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Kicker/solox18.1.wmv

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7668
he said what he saw,,,remember its all about install, also read what marshall said "16 12's do 149"....INsTaLL

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 229
Whoever had that setup must have had a big wallet with no knowledge then...

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 230
The solo that is

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3004
how about this for a deep wallet...

4 18" soloX's
16 Kx1200.1's
12 Yellow tops
16 kicker 6x9s
4 kx800.4's (i think)

Walled in a Excursion on 24's...157.6 (burp), i saw this vehicle at a comp this weekend.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7670
If he was sponsered that is maybe $10,000 worth of stuff, thats alot.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
what do these people do for a living? i'm pretty sure lawyers and ceo's don't go rollin around blasting hard core rap and entering in comps on their spare time.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7672
I beg to differ....My boss, (Head Aerospace Engineer for NASA)

Hit 167, with 6 MMATS 15, and says its just a hobby....

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
haha, that's sweet. you must have a lot in common with you boss. bet u guys have something to talk about at work.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3132
CB he hit 167 on what MIC?

Bronze Member
Username: Cawb

Post Number: 31
i got a ? wat do you guys mean by a hell of an install????

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1559
enclosure, alt, wires, etc

Bronze Member
Username: Cawb

Post Number: 35
is that it Enclosure,alt,wires,so how you knwo if a ecnlosure is good? if there are not leaks and its strongly built and tuned properly and do you think buyin a good set of RCAs will help my system sound better? and wat other stuff because im savin up to buy a new system and i wanna know wat all i need to have a good Install so i get the best out of my subs and amp.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 340
good install:

strong built box, tuned for whatever your looking for (sq or spl) and the right amount of cubic feet, the right wiring, and possibly a HO alt.

New rcas wont make that much of a difference. i probably couldnt tell the difference between my old crappy rcas, and my new rcas, if someone else switched them.

to start thinking about a good install, you have to have an idea of what your going to get for subs and amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Nveselinovic16v

Post Number: 68
my box for alpine's was tuned to 37HZ. 2 alpines and 1.5kw per sub.
The is a hatchback. Bmw compact. But 145 is a nice score. I ran the subs parallel so i got 0.5ohm on MTX (NOT MODDED). If it was moded it should go up a bit more.
Well for a proof... I'll post some pics in couple of days when I test all that in litte Panda

Gold Member

Post Number: 1160
Heh.. I hit over 150 dB in my daily driver. :-)
(Front passenger side windshield - legal - TL mic)

I dont really compete with my car, though, since I'd end up being in the super street 5+.. Also, the people in these installs, a lot of them, arent 'rollin around blastin hard core rap entering comps' because comp cars like I said earlier are normally tuned well over 50hz. This is NOT suitable for playing music, only test tones. You're missing a HUGE gap of bass from 20-50hz. Remember, there's a MUCH bigger difference(audibly), between say 20hz and 21hz, than there is between 60hz and 61hz.

Oh for those that dont know, my daily driver is a 1999 Firechicken.. had six 12's in bandpass boxes, and a 13W7 in a slot ported box.. Still have the 13W7, but in the process of switching my setup to six 15" MB Quarts in sealed boxes.. (was giving all six 12's a total of 1200 watts, but will be giving 1200 watts to every pair of 15's, tripling the power. Also giving my 13W7 1200 watts. All Xenon amplifiers.. (will have a total of three 1200.1's, and two 600.1's).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
Oops forgot to mention, 44hZ is the frequency my bass peaks out at.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4062
rob.....i am not trying to knock your system. you have a nice system. i noticed in you profile you have an acura tl (nice car btw) and an audiobahn a8000t powering your single arsenal. i assume your sub is in the trunk. i am simply saying it will be hard to hit the numbers you are saying it does with a single 15" sub powered by a 800wmrs amp in the trunk.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3133
Seth... in BASSRACE, enclosure are tuned low some are even sealed... that is the sole purpose of BASSRACE, to play music @ 150db... it is very hard to even get into the 150 BASSRACE club....

BASSRACE > dbdrag...

No one is even DBdragin anymore, cause BASSRACE is so hard and competitive, not to mention FUN.. People turn their HU to max, with WAY more power than we have compined.. and hit sligtly over 150 or mid 50s... I think the highest US BASSRACE score is 158DB right now... and overseas, some Panda hit 16X in BASSRACE..

But hey Pandas are ILLEGAL in this country!

I dont understand how you guys are hittin 150 in BASSRACE (playin music) when STEVE MEADE does a 153 in BASSRACE with 4 18 MTs and buttloads of power...

Im puzzled...

I was too tired last night to type all this.. :-)
Ohh all TL numbers... always...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3134
Seth im sure you hit 150 burping... so minus 6-10db... so you actual hit about 140db in BASSRACE!

Now how can someone do that with 1 sub? VS your several?? Like I said HELL of a install with NO ERRORS! :-)

Ohh in a trunk setup?? hmm

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3137
I just had to pull back up this list...
This is the 150 club folks! understand it!

1)Livewire- 158.3
2)Tommy- 154.1
3)Meade- 153.8
4)Will- 152.7
5)Pipo- 152.5
6)Bartell-151.2
7)Oki- 151.1
8)Neil- 150.5
9)McClelland- 150.2
10)?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3005
Nemanja Veselinovic,

Pandas get LOUD...they are even easier to get loud than a CRX!!!

Oh...and BTW, most BassRace and (usaci) StreetBeat systems are also tune kinda high. They use songs that have steady bass notes at a freq close to their vehicles peak freq. (Ex...if your burp box peaks at ~50hz, DJ Magic Mike is your friend...*hint-hint* for those of you looking to do SB :-))

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
145 in 2005 econline cargo van w/ 1000 rms 1-13w7 boys audio doin it up for me

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 339
whats a panda?
how much and where can i get em, if they are subs, it might be a car haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
145 in 2005 econline cargo van w/ 1000 rms 1-13w7 boys audio doin it up for me

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Chad lee- when i hit those numbers it was TEMPORARILY hooked up to the shop's kicker zx1500.1

i figured if i had the SSF set right i could peak it out at around 1600w.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
i'm with troy... what the heck is a panda? is it a car, a gun, a sub, a tweeter, or a really big panda whackin two sticks of bamboo together.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1960
its a really small car that they have over in europe besides being a animal lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1021
well im hittin 145.3 at the termal lab at the windshield with a 9.8 cb ft box tuned to 35hz (is sql not sq or spl, for everyday drivin) and im hittin that number with my single 18 inch sx and with a precicion power dcx 1500.1 but i gave my amp to my cousin so i bought a hifonics bx2006d for my single sx and is pushing around 1800 rms at 1 ohm and with that box it gets hell louder but with my precicionpower i feel stronger the bass than my hifonics amp ,but i havent tested yet so im gonna said that im hittin around the same number as before (145.3) oh and that was done with trow it up by lil john with sound dampenin on the rear door only

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

USA

Post Number: 357
i agree with rob n troy on the hole panda thing but im probly one of the few newbies who doesnt know what a bass race is lol srry for askin but what is it?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3008
BassRace (dBDrag) and Street Beat (Usaci) are competion classes where your SPL is averaged over 30seconds...not just a burp.

You play music and the meter averages your SPL like 10+ times a second for the whole 30seconds.

and BTW...this is a panda:

http://gblx.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundomotor/especiales/2002/10/coches/utilitario s/imagenes/fiat_panda_climbing_xxl.jpg
they get really loud and like to peak around 70hz (if i remember correctly). Anyone that has been to an SPL show in the US and saw a Honda CRX win...well the fiat panda can get even louder.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3009
one more thing...they are not road legal in the US, so you cant run them in SPL comps in the US.

(unless you have they registered in another country...ex: the guys that cross the pond to come to US finals)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3010
one more, one more thing...here is what ONLY ~138-39dB at 28-32hz is like in my truck:

http://media.putfile.com/subway43

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7699
"one more thing...they are not road legal in the US"

I wonder why??

I bet no cop would be able to tell u that it was not legal.....lol

Silver Member
Username: Serius

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 149
link doesnt work for me

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3012
yea Chauncey...but you cant get them insured in the US.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7723
that would be a problem.lol.

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 224
i got two 15s and 2000w RMS and i dont think i even hit 140...

Bronze Member
Username: Truth

Lansing, Mi US

Post Number: 21
How the hell can half of you afford all this when 50% of you cant even spell.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7732
u will learn once u graduate high school, spelling no longer matters, if u can understand what im saying then u will be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43

13w7

going in econoline van

145 burps

1000rms

Bronze Member
Username: Dandandan

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 87
i got 125 and im just a kid haaa

Bronze Member
Username: Diamondman

Post Number: 20
2 D9 powed by 2 600rms d5 amps and i hit 147.5 and that was with one sub blown :-)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/mr_furious40/DSC03164.jpg[/IMG]

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 711
Question:

My box will be tuned to 47hz for comp, what would be a safe number for daily...I was thinking 40 or so.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
40 is still definately high for daily.. Should go for 28-34 hz range.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1978
no 40 will be fine for daily trust me go with dd box tuning look on there website

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 712
My subs are not DD though, they are the premier Ts-w3002spl ones (1000rms 3000max).

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 395
40 is okay, but your gunna lose that low extension that makes me love having subs. 28-34 Hz is a good tuning frequency range for daily driving, but that also depends on the sub and the manufacturers recommendation. some subs like a higher tuning freq. check the specs, and if you cant find it, call or email the manufacturer.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1979
it doesnt matter if there dd or not 40 will work for any sub but ultimitely its up to you

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 159
HMMM, I can hit up to 130-131 with my BASS HITS CD playing, especially on song #7 (Wooferwrecker)...it has a big bass drop at the beginning. Sometimes, if everything is working right, I can hit 132, with the right song on the radio, both windows down, and the meter on the passenger sid kick. Now I know this isn't real loud, but I am doing this with a 350 watt Visonik mono amp (putting out about 220 watts@2ohms,because I have the subs wired parallel), and 2-10 inch Alphasonik Q-Reference Series subs. Considering this whole setup only cost me about $130 (thank you E-Bay and Wal-Mart..lol) thats $1 for every decibel, I think I got a pretty good deal, especially for my first setup. I might could get it higher by cranking the gain up on my amp, I only have it about 1/3 of the way up. But that causes too much distortion.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3154
Michael Cheatham.... I belive CDs like "wooferwrecker" have sinewaves sweeps, in the background... CDs of this kind is ILLEGAL in BASSRACE! you need a factory recorded CD!

NO sweeps, sinewaves, tones are allowed in BASSRACE!
MUSIC only!! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
ive already blown 2 3002spl premiers

those subs are great spl subs. It made everything rattle in my econoline.

but a 13w7 has soooo much more sq and spl combined. it is really orgasimic (they won let me spell it correctly;p)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3016
micheal,

get ahold of me next semester...i'll let you have a few runs on my Termlab.

I'm going to try to get one of the shops around monroe to set up a lil comp too.

Silver Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 715
Jimmy, how did you manage to blow 2 of those subs? And I am gld they are great SPl as thats mostly what I am going for!

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 138
do you think i could hit 145 with my two arsenal 12's on a kicker sx1250.1? Just curious?

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
NO, Wooferwrecker is a song from the CD "Bass Hits" and it is a factory recorded cd. as far as I know there is no sine sweep. Just what they call "Digital Bass". and it is all music

Bronze Member

Vancity, Bc Canada eh

Post Number: 45
i over powered them and burnt the voice coil.

wild muther fuggera from lil jon ft. trech from naught by nature.

I thought man this song thumps sooo hard. I couldnt hear any distortion. then I smelt smoke and I though. ok fiukk. lol that was it.

since then I have a w6 500 rms to hold me until my 13w7 comes in from toronto. powered @ 1000 rms.

I expected too much from that 3002spl premier sub. never the less it is a very good sub if your looking for strickly spl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
MARSHALL...on the termlab...yeah I'll try to get ahold of ya next semester...thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us