Need a box for my IDQ12D4 V.2 Sub

Username: Nosyt

Post Number: 4
I'm completly new at car audio, and I'm just getting my system set up. Currently I have some kappa perfect 6.1, premier 860, and an mtx amp (out of town, forgot the model) in my '97 civic.

I'm planning on picking up an image dynamics IDQ12D4 off of cardomain as well as an enclosure off the site just to get everything at the same time. I don't know much about what to look for in a box except for recommended enclosure size. so far I picked out the R/T 315-12's that are .88 ft3
(http://www.cardomain.com/item/RTE31512) or some Q-logic QLH-1.0012SS (http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLH10012SS), but i'm leaning towards the R/T. Are there any other noteworthy boxes at that site? If not, what are some recommended boxes for my IDQs and i'll look around for it.

Thanks in advance guys, i've literally read the forums for hours and can't seem to get enough, there's just too much info to learn but it's fun at the same time!

Post Number: 5
Any help, guys?

Post Number: 6
I'll just bump this thread with another question. It seems that a vast majority of those who buy subs also know how to build enclosures, or that building a custom enclosure is always better than prefab.

Why is that? is it because of the build quality? thickness of MDF? shape of the box (doubt it)?

The only reason I could think of is build quality and thickness, but does that mean that the manufacturer just carelessly slaps together the pieces of wood? is their wood quality low? How is the build quality bad (distortion, vibrating, etc)?

Thats about it, just seems wierd how everyone seems to know how to build a box or are expected to know how to build one (and better than a manufacturer can).

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 863
Its the volume of the box. Those boxes are too small. I would give that 12in 1.2-1.4cuft. .88 is way to small.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us