Wiring 2 amps to my head unit

Username: Rykie

Post Number: 9
k so im almost done with my set-up just need some help. ok so i bridged my mono amps to one sub and im running a total of 2 amps 2 subs, 1 amp to each sub woofer. now the problem is when i hook up the left and right wire from my amp to my head unit, i only have 2 subwoofer slots, one for left and one for right. so that leaves me with only one amp hooked up and the other not so what do i do? i have 4 rca cables i have to somehow fit into the back of my alpine head unit that only has 2 subwoofer rca slots. plz help.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2252
first off you cant bridge a mono amp, does your amps have line out on them, if so use that to the input of the other, if not your going to have to "y" off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
are you sure about that? my manual gave me instructions to bridge my amp into one channel for one subwoofer but doesnt show me how to connect it to my headunit if i have a 2 amp to 2 sub ratio. Yes i think my amps have a line out of them it has a L and a R and i have them all routed to my head unit its just now im stuck with 4 rca cables and they all cant fit in the suvwoofer output my alpine deck provided me. it provided a front left and red, and a rear left and rear right and then on the bottom are two sub woofer outputs, a left and right. Btw whats a Y-off? is it like a Y-cable that connects 2 male rca's into one? Also is it safe and does it reduce power, swl, or spl?

Username: Ninja145

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 1
yeah i agree with ty. a mono amp is a designated 1 channel amp. If you bridge an amp, to the best of my knowledge, it has to be a multichannel. and yes the "y" is just an rca splitter just make sure you have your male and female ends of the splitter right and you should be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ooo icic thanks alot guys!

Username: Bobmk

Honolulu, Hawaii Usa

Post Number: 7
Thats not true. You can bridge a mono amp its just that when you bridge a mono amp you are putting two amps together to drive one sub. Thats what bridging means. Now as far as you connecting it, I agree with the Y as being your best bet. Good Luck!!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2319
wrong, bridging is for speakers, strapping is for dasiy chaining amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us