Alpine CD player question

Anonymous
I have an older Alpine reciever and some jensen subs with no amp. Could I hook 2 channels from the cd player up to my subs? Will there be any problems if I do that, cuz 40 watts just isn't enough to get an ok amount of bass from the subs. Thanks

my friend has an alpine..a new generation, last years model i think..it won't play burnt cds... any suggestions as to why it would do that?

An Alpine receiver (or any after market head unit for that matter) cannot provide enough RMS power (generally 19-25 watts RMS) to properly run a couple of subs. It might work with one sub for a few days but eventually you will destroy the subwoofer because the under-powering will cause distortion. Don't be cheap; buy an amplifier!

tt
some cd players do not support cdr or cdrw playback. Some that do support the cdr and cdrw format still will not play certain brands of cds. I don't know why they don't like certain brands but they don't.

derick just posted a message but do not see it under new posts. i used my name phyllis carter, maybe it will show by tomorrow?

I will post again, maybe I checked anon. by mistake. have a cd player installed in car. radio/cassette work fine, hooked to 2 front speakers. I can't get the cd to work. I noticed that there is a wire coming from under drivers side and one coming from under panel by gears and stereo area. Could that be the reason I can't get any sound. the person I got the car from took the 2 rear speakers out probably because they did not come with car, but he had installed better speakers. Is there a way to wire the cd to the 2 front speakers just to see if the cd player actually works? it is an alpine 7802, which must be an older model cuz I looked around and could find no listing for this model, even in alpine website. Could not read the letters before the numbers. The radio/cassette are toyota and probably came with car. the alpine was installed most likely at a later time. Any one out there knows of anything I can try or do to see if cd actually works would be great.

Hi Phyllis, I have owned 2 alpine cd players in the past. First off, Is the FM & AM radio part working, if so it may just need a cleaning- this had happened to me a few times and I bought a CD & DVD Lens Cleaner. If you are not familiar with them- they are a cd that has tiny carbon fibers on the bottom of the disk. They pick up all dirt & debry through static. There are many brands to choose from, I have a Radio Shack 42-209 that works great. Just pop it in & wait for instructons. As far as the wire under the seat that is probaly a pre- amp out put for an amplifier, or cd changer, and is not likely a wire for a speaker because it would not fit. I would even run it through the clean process three times, and after that once every two weeks. Hope that helps.

Hey Phillis- you may have a blown fuse, this also will be just behind your player- it should be a single wire with a white cylinder peice of plastic in the middle, grab that peice by the two ends and push them together while you twist one the opposite of the other, this will seperate the two and inside will be a fuse. The next thing to do is put it up to the light and see if the piece of metal has a break anywhere, you may need a magnifiying glass for this.

To take out the cd player there is a tool for that, however you may just try cutting a coat hanger in half & bending the ends at about a half inch & take off your faceplate & find the two holes- one on right side & one on left. If you can have some one push the unit from the back by reaching around while you pull the two coat hangers it should come out, you may need to push the two coat hangers outwardly as you pull on it. Hope this does the trick.

phyllis Carter
anyone know about this brand of alpine head unit. says multi platform 30w+30w alpine7802 and thats it. I put a cd in it, it took it but now I can't get the damn thing to come out at all. and I have looked at allot of sites and no one seems to know about this model of alpine. Is it an older model or what?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us