DEH-P3600

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 323
is this headunit any good? is it good enough to keep or get a new one?

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 94
Depends on what you're looking to do with it really. It's certainly outdated and you can get a far better HU for under $200. I think the lack of Sub pre-out and limited playback format support (no MP3 etc I believe) are the biggest drawbacks. It was a good deck back in the day but there are certainly better options out there now for not a ton of money.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3102
Definitely, the lack of features holds it back. But if you don't need the sub preouts and mp3, it has decent build quality and a nice sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
it has sub pre outs

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 96
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like it has front and rear pre outs. The rears can be used for subs but it's not a dedicated pre out, you're just using the rear feed as your sub signal.

Details:
» detachable, fold-down face
» plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
» multicolor display
» Supertuner IIID
» 18 FM/6 AM presets
» Easy EQ -- five preset EQ curves with 3-band tone adjustment
» EQ-EX -- enhances the Easy EQ setting
» Sound Focus EQ
» 3-level loudness
» MOSFET50 internal amp
» XM radio-ready (XM Radio subscription, tuner, antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) -- service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
» CD changer controls
» front and rear preamp outputs
» low-pass and high-pass filters
» optional auxiliary input
» wireless remote
» clock
» 22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
» CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
» CD signal-to-noise ratio 94 dB
» FM sensitivity 8 dBf

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
on the back where the rcas are there are 2 pairs one pair says Sub and the other says front, and in my manual it says sub-woofer drive capability9max70WX1/2ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
on the back where the rcas are there are 2 pairs one pair says Sub and the other says front, and in my manual it says sub-woofer drive capability (max70WX1/2ohm)

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 97
Ok, well I'm not an expert by any stretch but like I said, the second set of preouts COULD be used to run subs but you'd have to A) Not use that pre out for your rear speakers or B) use a pair of splitters to split the signal to feed the rear speakers and the subs. I had to use splitters with my old DEH-P6400 and subs, and it'll work but you get better sound quality and adjustment capabilities with separate rear and sub pre outs. Keep in mind though, these are just my thoughts, if you're happy with the deck then by all means stick with it. Like Jexx said, quality-wise Pioneer makes good products, I run a DEH-P5800mp right now myself.

Username: Jeepguy

Post Number: 2
Can I get some help with a 1990 Honda Accord EX wiring? Thanks a lot!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us