Alternator shot???

Bronze Member
Username: Rollout4877

Kent, Ohio USA

Post Number: 67
i have a 3000 watt amp with 2 12in kicker solobaric L7 750 watt rms subs in a 05 colorado with a factory HU. my truck broke down (lol) and it turns out the alternator is shot. im guessing this is from my system? so will i need a HO alternator or will a battery capacitor work?

Username: Truth

Lansing, Mi US

Post Number: 5
I'd Get both, I get frying alternators in my S10 until I hooked up a capacitor.

Username: Truth

Lansing, Mi US

Post Number: 6
I'd Get both, I kept frying alternators in my S10 until I hooked up a capacitor.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 138
yeah no cap though so pointless get a yellow top is what everysingle person on here is going to say but dont really worry about it theyre not that great but a ho alternater is a very good idea

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 619
you need a better batery for a better alt, if you get a higher amp alt yoru just going to strane your battery. lets say if you get a 250a alt on a stolk bater, thats pointles because the stolck bater can't push that much power. but it you get a yellow top that is made to push the alt for people liek us. get a cap as well (if you want) with the upgrades your going ot make on your electrical system you wont need to get one. but if you want to just in case, by all means do it, it wont harm anything

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 130
definatley get a HO alt. i know that playing the system with your car not running can sometimes fry your alt. when you got a high power system

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 505
Damn... You guys need to read up on www.bcae1.com

Audioholic, you batt doesn't "push" your alt. Niether would it hurt if you gota HO alt with a stock batt. And it wouldn't be pointless; your amps would comsume the extra amperage and still let your batt charge. And no; the yellow top isn't "made" to push the alt. for people like you.
C Reming, playing your sysem with your car off will not hurt your alt - EVER. The most it could do is kill your battery......

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 506
And audioholic, woah. You registered 32 days ago and have over 600 posts... Wow. Thats damn near 20 posts a day... Props to you, you should be "gold" in a few weeks...

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 628
SiX, im NOL1M1TSOLDIER or True Story or Shaine, idk i've had other posts. i've already been gold, my account got hacked and deleted

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 131
SiX... when i bought my alternator from nate at excessive amperage he sent me a warning along with the alternator that if i play my system with the car off it can burn up the diodes in the alt. so i was goin off what he says, and i think hes pretty knowagable when it comes to alts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us