Kenwood KDC-X589

Username: Mac10

Post Number: 1
Hello, I purchased this HU about 4 months ago. All was working fine until today. I popped in a cd(noted, one that I have played several times) and it is now stuck in the HU. The HU is not recognizing the cd anymore. It will not eject. Any suggestions? Granted, I have not disconnected it from the power source yet. I was just looking for options.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3094
The CD didn't happen to have a sticker/label on it, did it?

Post Number: 2
No, it did not. It is a retail cd. I also, disconnected the unit from the power source and then reconnected it. The cd still does not eject. It is a mini cd, but I have played it several times before with no problem. But now, the unit is responding as if there's no cd in it. When I hit the source button to switch from CD, Tuner, Standby, it only gives Tuner and Standby as options, and does not include CD.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3098
Ah, good, you can probably just remove the CD mech from the unit and pull the mini CD out with no damage. Most car stereo manufacturers advise against that, but I didn't know it actually worked.

Post Number: 3
As it turned out. I clicked on the eject button, the faceplate motor rotated the faceplate down, but did not eject the cd, which is what it was doing before. But this time, while the faceplate was down, I pressed and helped the eject button for a few seconds, then the cd was ejected.

Thanks for the help,
Mac
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us