Wiring 2x Kicker CRV Subs to an Audiobahn a8000t AMP... HELP!

Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 7
i just got the a8000t in the mail today, and it is nice and shiny, my subs come tomorrow, and I am a rookie to this, and am quite confused on how to wire them together. My subs say: 2 OHM DVC, and my amp is 2 Ohm Stable Mono. HOW IN THE HECK DO I WIRE THIS?!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2197
go to www.the12volt.com and look for woofer wiring on left side of page. it will show you how to wire 2 dvc 2ohm speakers to get 2ohm.

Post Number: 8
I looked there, and it gives options for two speakers with DVC 2 ohms. Is this the same as 2 subs? Or are the speakers and sub wiring diagrams the same?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7475
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1484
chauncey always comes through with the pic. lol

Silver Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 277
I just orderd my CVRs and a A8000t Tell me how it sounds i wont get mine for a week proly, were did you order them from?

Post Number: 9
haha ya, thx chauncey that was the same diagram i found. I will let ya know Devin, all from ebay

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1488
i have that same setup. it gets loud :-) you will be more than surprised with how ur setup will sound. it gets real low and loud. good for rap and hip hop.
do u have a box? wuts it tuned to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
LOl alot of people have CVRs and A8000t haha, thats what i was hoping all i listen to is rap and i want it low and loud, but im making a box but still trying to find were to make it i have very limited space, wat do you got yours tuned to? i want it loud and sound good, do you got AIM

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1493
ya. bassmanthree

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
ok i got another Question how many days did it take for them to get to your house, because i hate waiting haha

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1495
hit me up sometime. tomorow will be a good time. like 3:00 pacific time

4 days

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
bassman wat you got your box tuned to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
u talkin about me bassman, are you sayin you will be on AIM tomarrow

Post Number: 10
I just got my amp yesterday, and my box comes the 9th, and my subs said they should be here today but UPS got confused, and i think imma pick em up from UPS tomorrow. bassman, as you prolly know, im a noob, and if you wouldnt mind, i will probably need a ton of help LOL! Im not sure yet, but on the a8000t amp, what is the plug with all the wires coming out the end of it used for? And how does the input/output thing work, when wiring the amp to the headunit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
OH, but the plug with all the wires is just another way of hooking up the amp if you dont have RCAs i think thats right, but all you got to do to hook up your amp to your deck is hook up the RCAs to the back of your headunit red to red and white to white and then hook up the other end of the RCAs to your input on your amp thats it, the output is for wiring to amps together. another thing you got to do is hook up your remote wire from you headunit to your amp

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1497
yea. i'll be on aim tomorow. i gotta go to bed. boxed tuned to 32. hit me up tomorow devin

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
ok i think im gunna go with 32, ok peace out

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1499
john, that basically it. rca's (pos and neg) from input on amp to back of HU. then the solid blue REM wire goes form amp (where it says remote) to the back of HU. power wire is from + terminal on batt, to pos input on amp. and then ground goes from "grnd" terminal on amp to the chasis of the vehicle

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
If anyone has MSN and could help me out once i get my subs today, add me at j_c_wheeler8@hotmail.com Im off to the UPS to see if they came.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Whats the solid blue rem wire?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1507
the remote wire. it tells the amp when to turn on

john, aim me as bassmanthree or dl_blazer@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I dont have AIM, only msn =[
u said something about "ground goes from "grnd" terminal on amp to the chasis of the vehicle" What does that mean? But u dont have MSN?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1512
i have yahoo mail?...

the ground wire is usually 3 ft long. and it goes from the amp to the chasis of the vehicle. there is a terminal on ur amp that should be marked with "grnd" or somthin like that, and u plug it in there, and then u need to connect the other end it the chasis of the vehicle. (metal) so if u have paint, u need to sand it down to get to the silver metal. there are lots of sites that explain this better. do a "how do i install an amplifier" on www.google.com. also use www.bcae1.com to learn a lil more about ground wires. and they also have an excellent amp install steps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
okay, which wire am i going to want to use for my REM? I thought it was RCA? Because we are going from the headunit to the REM input on the back of the amp right? Do u have a link or a picture of the kind of wire i want to use for the REM?

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 38
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/cat/-13095/edOid/105510/rpem/ccd/lookLearn.do
this got everything just read it through. i would never think circuitcity would give out instructions on how to do this when they want you to have them install it for you. weird.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
hey yea go man this should help alot, thats how i learned http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_mo vie.html?format=wmv

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I already printed out the circuit city guide thanks man, Devin that video is amazing! My main problem is running the wire through the firewall, i am almsot tempted to take it to someone and do it for me, even thought i really want to learn, but how much do amp wiring kits cost?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I already printed out the circuit city guide thanks man, Devin that video is amazing! My main problem is running the wire through the firewall, i am almsot tempted to take it to someone and do it for me, even thought i really want to learn, but how much do amp wiring kits cost?

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
HEy no problem, wat i did was looked for a place with a hold threw the firwall and put it through that, or if you have a drill u can drill a hold through the fire wall just make sure you have wires out of the way if there is any around,for the A8000t i would use 8gauge no higher i have 4 gauge but there cost around 40-150, you can get a good wiring kit on ebay for cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7554
http://www.knukonceptz.com/

Best wiring kits...for the money

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1524
^^ yup. and i would use 4 guage for the a8000t. def. 8 guage is up to 500 watts i beleive

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
Hey how do the CVRs sound? have you heard them yet, i just got mine 2 dayand im getting my amp tomarrow

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1542
i have had mine for a while now. i like them alot. get loud and low.

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
hey bassman3 do you havw the phase shift switch on? and do you have the subsonice filter ON if so wat did you set it to?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1544
subsonic filter is set to 32 (ported box. are you talkin about the x-over?

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1545
isnt that used if u have multiple amps? no, i have mine off

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
my subs were never shipped... those guys arent getting good feedback from me. Finally they were shipped about 8 days after purchasing them, but i think im going to have to end up taking my amp in and having the pros instal it, i cannot get through my firewall to save my life.

Bronze Member
Username: Robman0079

Post Number: 51
dude what kinda car do you have??? heres a better place to get a lot cheaper amp kit
http://www.millionbuy.com/scokpa4x2.html
or go to a local Walmart and they should have this amp-kit in the car audio section.
My friend got some rockford fosgate amp kit from bestbuy and it sounds the exact same as my walmarrt amp kit. And if you ever want to hookup another amp you have a distribution block and like eight feet of 8 guage wire. Wires are wires.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1550
not really^^... As you have seen, oxygen free coper wire usually has a clear insulation and the wire is bright and shiny underneath the see throgh insulator. Well... It is nice and shiny for a while but after a short time (actually from the time it is drawn), it starts to oxidize (unless the wire is kept in an oxygen free atmosphere). When copper oxidizes, it becomes a less effective conductor. This means that, in time, the wire's current carrying capabilities will become significantly reduced.

so you really need to look at the wires because some wires will say they are OFC, but they really are not. just puttin that out thier :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
John dont get the Walmart kit it sucks i had the same one i didnt even have it for a year and i had to replace it i bough me a monster wire kit at ultimate electronis for 70$ but dont get that walmart kit unless you dont have any money to buy a kit thats better

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1557
www.knukonceptz.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i got the subs today, and i need to know wut kinda wire to use? Should i use wire that has two running side by side, like this =========, or should i use a wire thats separate, like this:
____________ Also, when wiring two subs together that are in one box, in order to keep all the wires in the box, should i drill holes in the divide of the box, to run the wires through?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 136
wheeler, I used 12 gauge wire, which is like ======, one side posative and one negative, use that.

I hope you are not putting them in a sealed box, because they sound way better ported.
yes, drill a hole, run the wire through, then seal around it somehow.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1569
dont you have terminals on the box where u can run the wires through?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us