Bad amp? Bad Head Unit ?

Username: Obbyosma

Vancouver, Bc Canada

Post Number: 2
I posted yesterday asking for feedback on what I though was a amp problem.Well I pulled the new Hifonics amp back out of the vehicle and tried it on the bench using a diferent HU to test the amp.The Alpine deck I used to bench test the amp has 2 pre outs and found the amp came to life ( good - the amp is OK ).I put the amp back in the vehicle and ran the amp using the Alpine HU again and using the same power source origanally used to drive the amp and again the amp performed as it should.Now I hooked it back up to the Eclipse 5302 HU that I was origanally trying to get to work which also has 2 preouts.I once again encountered the same failure (lack of output power to 10" Infinity Perfect sub ).The front Preouts of this Eclipse HU are driving my Soundstream amp fine ( used for front and rear MB Quart components )and when I switch over to the rear Preouts it preforms just like the front preouts (this would suggest that the front and rear preouts are OK ) yet when I drive the hifonics mono amp off either of these preouts it only has a trickel of sound coming out of the sub.Keep in mind the Alpine HU out of the dash drives this amp fine. Any suggestions ?????
Thanks
Bob

Bronze Member
Username: Iravemp

Post Number: 12
maybe crossover setting on the eclipse

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 28
I have this problem as well with my alpine 9847 which is 2 volt pre out. My RE SX just doesn't play right it seems as it is really underpowered. At first I thought it was the amplifier (RE 12.1) but after I sent it to RE they tested it for me and they told me that it was working fine. I'm going to replace the head unit in a week with one of the new pioneers which are 5 volt pre out. I hope that does the trick because I haven't been using my sub or my amp. They have been in my closet for a very long time now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us